Thread: my 98 summit is icing up in the carbs

Default my 98 summit is icing up in the carbs

My summit got iced carbs bad yesterday. the foam in the air intake silencer box was wet. But it doesnt seem like that would affect anything as there are tubes that run through that. Seems all the foam does is silence, not filter. Well I dried out the box last night Ill see if that helps. In the meantime anyone else got suggestions?

And yes I put Heet in the tank, as well as directly in the carbs. Did that twice and nothing helped.

We did put that box on another summit and that summit started running rough. Id really like to know what that box looks like inside So I can see where the problem is.

SLP pre filter fabric is made to prevent what you're describing. Keep the snow from reaching the airbox foam. GoPro stocks pre filter fabric.

Well took the summit out today. Ran with no problems. Just needed to dry that foam out I guess. Not sure how it got wet in the first place though. I guess condensation from sitting outside? I know it wasnt from it sucking snow down it as It happened right out of the parking lot.

A common malady for Doo Summits. That was a reason for some of the later carberated models to run coolant thru them.

Drinks lots of water so you have to urniate alot and just pee on them and yes, no kidding. Use to leak on my buddies at least once or twice if we were out running deep dry powder that easily got sucked in. He did get them stuck wide open one trip and had a wild ride before getting it shut down

do you have a link to gopro ? I am finding a camera store....?

On Potter (which is essentially west Dowling) about 1/2 mile west of Old Seward, right where the road turns.

Go Pro

230 E Potter Dr # 1
    Anchorage, AK 99518-1370
    (907) 563-1799