Thread: barnes bullets

Default barnes bullets

i have never liked the performance of banres from what i have read from what i have read is that they don't open up sometimes and since they don't fragment they don't cause much muscle and organ damage just make a hole and every one likes theme because they penetrate like no tomorrow. and when shot with a ttsx or tsx or even mrx the animal gows long ways since there wasent allot of damage but yesterday i saw this video abut barnes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV8ij1gK-ck

i use a 338 win mag and thinking of using 225gr ttsx can some one tell me if this video is true? and if barnes are a good bullet? exipirances killing moose with theme another thing i think is that banres are good if u got a small cal. for moose where u need the penetration but with a 338 win mag i mid as well use 250gr partitions

Am I insane or did I already read this thread a while back? deja vu?

You mean this thread? Yeah. It looks familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Holy Deja' Vu Batman!

yea i copy past the old thread to get more points of view lol the older one i put in hunting forum this is in shooting

well this African PH on another forum seems to like Barnes just fine.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...ics/4208881/10
    There was a time when the solids ruled the roost for almost all hunting in Africa. That had a lot to do with the crumpling reputation of the cup and core softs which were the only game in town.

Those days have long since past us by. However there are still countless people involved in this business that cannot get beyond what was the history of the manufacturing designs of the old soft point bullets. I sometimes wonder what it took to get some of these folks to switch from Black powder muzzle loaders to a center fire rifle?

Today the bonded bullets are gaining the respect of most experienced PH's and outfitters, I strongly suggest them or the TSX to all my hunters. The future is the monolithic bullets that have no lead. They are very much like a semi mushrooming solid.

The TSX has provided the greatest consistency and deepest penetration of any bullet ever used on the 1000's of animals we have taken through our camps. I cannot see any reason to use anything else on all but the biggest thick skinned game. There is simply no reason for the soft first, then solid theory of old. Just stack the magazine with TSX bullets and you have both on every shot.

As far as the weight when speaking for the 375, With about well over 50 buffalo taken with them now in the last several years, the 270's have been the better choice. The 300's work great, but the additional 300fps for the 270's trumps the 30 grains advantage of the 300's. The penetration is usually better with the 270's, and they open more complete. There is something to be said for that extra 300fps with that 270gr chunk of solid copper.

I remember presenting this at a public seminar. There happened to be a fella from Barnes company in the audience. He was introduced to me after the presentation and said that The Barnes company had also come to the same conclusion now. The 270gr was actually a better over all performer in the 375HH then the 300gr is on Buffalo and Eland size game.

I've never shot a more accurate bullet in my 375 then the 270 TSX either. At 2830fps this bullet will penetrate as well as a solid, but open up to a larger diameter and continue to push through anything in it's path.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    and they were the number 2 pick on this forum as well....
    Poll Results: Which premium bullet would u pick if you could only use one no matter what caliber?
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...lts&pollid=125

This is about the stupidest thread I have seen on the forum since you posted the exact same thing twice thanks! Can't believe you thought you needed more points of view on Barnes bullets? Maybe you should post it in the reloading section as well might get a few more forum members that never leave one section of the forum. Have you thought about doing an internet search to see what you could find? How about buying some and testing them yourself? Then again you could just stick with Remington core locks or Winchester Silvertips and call it good, they have performed flawlessly on numerous game species.

What is it that you are asking is true about the video you linked to?

The only animal you reference is moose which are about the easiest animal to kill, a tsx is a bit of overkill on them if you ask me.

So if you are using 250 gr partitions in your 338 and they have been working so far and they shoot good out of your rifle stick with them.

If it was my money I would use Barnes, Nosler Partitions, Swift A frames, Kodiaks, Hawk, or some good ole hard cast.

Good luck on your endeavor it seems like you are either bored sitting at home or just looking for some entertainment since cabin fever seems to have settled in a little earlier this winter.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

They work and in my experience from .25 to .325 to .375 to well anything they make. Just get them and use them.

Brett