Thread: wasilla lakes

Default wasilla lakes

got up on a wasilla lake today and found there to be about 6 inchs of ice. 2 other people out there even one dude on a wheeler. caught a few rainbows and one that was tinted really gold which was kinda weird to me...

Cool dude. Been gonna pull my portable out of storage for the last 2 weeks. Gonna do it tomorrow for sure. I'm old and kinda crippled up but not dead yet. Kinda waiting for someone to say theres enough ice on Finger Lake that I can drive my house out in the back of my Ford Exploder. The pull out would kill me, cuz my hips are shot, not to mention my shoulders and back...lol
    Sucks getting old, but don't mean I can't give the ice one more week to hold my Exploder.............lol
    I'm an Elks member so can go out right off their parking lot to the lake.
    I saw a fishing show this fall about Finger Lake and they killed the fish fly fishing on that lake on this show. I'm hooked on Finger Lake for this year just for that. Wanna try Long Lake maybe once or twice this winter also for Lakers tho. Heard theirs some biggies in there.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

I fished Long Lake for several years. The chance of getting a hog is slim. Last trip, I only painted 1 on the sonar. It is a unique lake and bears considerable thought. The wind blows hard and the ice is visible. If you catch a laker bigger then 30 inches, PLEASE let them go.

Mike
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Cool dude. Been gonna pull my portable out of storage for the last 2 weeks. Gonna do it tomorrow for sure. I'm old and kinda crippled up but not dead yet. Kinda waiting for someone to say theres enough ice on Finger Lake that I can drive my house out in the back of my Ford Exploder. The pull out would kill me, cuz my hips are shot, not to mention my shoulders and back...lol
    Sucks getting old, but don't mean I can't give the ice one more week to hold my Exploder.............lol
    I'm an Elks member so can go out right off their parking lot to the lake.
    I saw a fishing show this fall about Finger Lake and they killed the fish fly fishing on that lake on this show. I'm hooked on Finger Lake for this year just for that. Wanna try Long Lake maybe once or twice this winter also for Lakers tho. Heard theirs some biggies in there.
    Be at the meeting Wedsnesday.......
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    I fished Long Lake for several years. The chance of getting a hog is slim. Last trip, I only painted 1 on the sonar. It is a unique lake and bears considerable thought. The wind blows hard and the ice is visible. If you catch a laker bigger then 30 inches, PLEASE let them go.

Mike
    Heck,the under 30 inchers are better eating anyway and I may do alot of catch and release anyway. Alot of reds and silvers in the freezer already. Don't need a lot more fish other than a fish dinner of something now and then besides reds, silvers and halibut......lol
    AND...Whats this meeting your talking about Wednesday?...on your next post...lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Mike

long lake on the parks or glenn?

Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    long lake on the parks or glenn?
    Mile 86 Glenn HWY.

Only fished the one in Willow once.... all day..... nothing.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Heck,the under 30 inchers are better eating anyway and I may do alot of catch and release anyway. Alot of reds and silvers in the freezer already. Don't need a lot more fish other than a fish dinner of something now and then besides reds, silvers and halibut......lol
    AND...Whats this meeting your talking about Wednesday?...on your next post...lol
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...You-re-invited!
    Bill Hicks

looking for a place to drop my ice house for a few months, any lakes let that happen? and how much is the prermit?
    Semper Fi!

Mile 86 Glenn HWY.
    fished there at the beginning of may and caught some nice char. you still catch em in the winter?

Permits dont cost anything call fish and game they get u what u need