Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am officially addicted!

Default I am officially addicted!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coyote7.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	42087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coyote1.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	42088ok, if you have seen my "first predator" post you might have the idea that I am hooked on predator hunting. well if thats what you think, than you could not be more right!
    this last weekend i went out hunting with a forum member and great friend/teacher.
    he let me borrow his 223. on the third stand of the trip we set up on the side of a small hill overlooking a river bottom.once again the spitfire caller worked its magic because 10 minutes later i turn to see this big male coyote standing 75yards away. it happened so fast. i put the crosshairs on him and fired the first shot. i drilled him in the heart! he started yipping and thrashing around so i put one right between his eyes for insurence.
    i hope you like the pics.
    i am "AN ADDICT"

Very cool joefish. Yes it is addicting. It is not easy, but when done right and with enough persistence there is usually just enough action to keep it interesting. Good job and props for the member who helped you.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing your story.
    Your giving all us "addicts" the twitch! Must...get...outdoors...

Nice job JF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good looking coyote too.
    I'm Pro-Pike.

AWESOME!! Simply another great job! What model was the .223 you were using? Also what forum member is that? I thought it may be Brian M but from the pics I have seen of him trying to grow a beard that one looks a little thicker than I think he can muster....

Jealousy abounds!! Great job..

I am very impressed with you in this thread and your previous one. It is kids like you that will insure the future of hunting. You look so enthusiastic in your photos! I'm an old guy, just now getting in on this predator stuff late. So here you are, just a whipper-snapper, inspiring me. Thanks!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

man your giving me the itch bad... seen a big lynx just yesterday that gave me a chance for a shot at it... but with a move looming before us yet this coming month... i can't bring myself to add to the packing list already at hand...

maybe in Jan... save some for us.. or not =)

have fun and keep up the good times...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I am very impressed with you in this thread and your previous one. It is kids like you that will insure the future of hunting. You look so enthusiastic in your photos! I'm an old guy, just now getting in on this predator stuff late. So here you are, just a whipper-snapper, inspiring me. Thanks!
    I have to concur with this statement. I won't go so far as to call myself old but following along with your season definitely has me itching to get my own boys out there! I could definitely see the pic of you and that yote in the next set of AK trapping regs!

Default Yep Yep Yep

Got to agree with all the guys. Well done on your coyote. And a special well done and a HUGE THANK YOU to the man that took the time to take Joefish out. People like you are simply the best. Every adult, regardless of relationship to the kids they have a chance to mentor, can learn from your lead.
    Thanks,
    ARR

LOVE this! I called coyotes down in CA and it was a blast. Haven't seen (or thought) of them being up here. Just another reason why I LOVE AK. I was just looking at my Contender .223 barrel yesterday wondering if I'd ever use it for hunting up here. :-)

May I ask what part of the state you were hunting in??

Don't worry too much about the location, if you are south of the Brooks range then there are coyotes in your area. You may also have luck on fox, lynx, wolf, and wolverine. Then there are multiple types of ptarmigan and grouse as well as snowshoe hare to chase around as well!

Congrats, I just got the fever this year as well. it's addictive. I love seeing someone your age get into it so heavy. I got into it for my kids so they would experience it. I didn't realize how much I would love it! I hope my kiddos get as hooked as you. I showed them the pictures of you with your kills and they got even more excited, so thanks and keep it coming.

Andrew
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Joe, congrats! And whomever that forum member is who took you out, a big thank you for mentoring and getting Joe out with you!

Joefish, You the Man!!! Keep it up, we need more younguns like you out there, rather than all these saggy pants punks with ipods and cell phones and such.

Nice dog there Joe! Keep putting them down, and I bet you can get enough money out of your pelts to finance some big game hunting next year.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I thought it may be Brian M but from the pics I have seen of him trying to grow a beard that one looks a little thicker than I think he can muster....
    Ohh man.... I'd like to throw in some snappy comeback, but the reality is that joefish himself probably has more facial hair than I do.

Very well done, young man! I'm inspired by how well you've been doing so far. I haven't gotten too serious about calling yet, but you're lighting a fire underneath a number of us with your great posts and photos. Keep it up!

thanks for all the support guys. this is my first year calling and the only reason i started is because i saw the pics that someone els posted and was inspired to get out and have some fun. hopefully i might inspire someone.

by the way the friend who took me was wyotoak.
    thanks, joe

Congrats Joe! Persistance pays off. I keep getting skunked but I keep getting out there too. Wyotoak... Heck of a thing to mentor someone! Always always need more teachers/ friends. Great thing about being up here and this forum there are so many people willing to help you out.
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

[QUOTE=Brian M;838439]

,you're lighting a fire underneath a number of us with your great posts and photos. Keep it up!

Man, I'll agree with that,

Wyo 2 AK and Joe, you guys outta be on Foxpro's payroll. Your stuff is addictive from afar,

I'm on the website as I write, tryin to figure out what calls to order with mine.
    (any tips on the calls you guys like best, so far ?)

Been thinking and planning to do some pred shooting ever since getting my reloading stuff, but my hand calling has never been too inspiring, then this young buck with a Mentor gets going and I'm all about it for this winter, Thanks, good posts
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast