Thread: Mix & Match Rods

Red face Mix & Match Rods

Anyone ever encounter this dillema?

When I put away my fishing rods for the winter, I removed the reels and broke each one in half for easy storage. However, I didn't bother to secure the top and bottom halves of each rod together with a rubber band. In addition, I haphazardly propped them up in a corner with the intent of organizing them in a proper manner later.

Now I have the sections of three identical rods lumped together in a teepee formation with no clue about which pieces were designed to fit together.

When the manufacturers produce fishing rods, do they keep the original halves of each rod blank together or do the segments become intermingled during the production process on the assembly line.

My concern is that if I mix and match the pole sections, the rods won't be as strong and may be susceptible to breakage. Is this a legitimate concern?

Years ago I had a lamaglass rod and I lost the the upper half. I found a generic brand upper half at home, fitted them together, and it worked just fine. It looked kind of odd, but it did what a pole was supposed to do.

Now a days I dont break down my rods for storage. This how I store my rods. Its great because it utilizes space that wouldn't otherwise be used, I dont have to break down the poles, and they are completely out of the way.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=1245

Thumbs up

That's a great way to store rods. Thanks for the tip. Would be a good first step toward organizing my garage.