Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Quartz

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Quartz

    Im headed down to Quartz tomorrow for my first time to Ice fish there, anyone have any advice on where to fish there for some good size fish?

  2. #2
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverado4x4kid View Post
    Im headed down to Quartz tomorrow for my first time to Ice fish there, anyone have any advice on where to fish there for some good size fish?
    You will find some good sized fish right by the boat launch, just go out a few hundred yards. You will see holes drilled by TSS and others I'm sure, I've heard good reports lately out there. Good Luck!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    ill be down there tomorrow around 1030 if you want join us, ill be in white chevy silverado with a trailer and a atv

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    had a great day down at quartz, besides blowing three trailer tires during the drive. Hooked into 3 30+ inch rainbows, but couldn't get them through the hole. Landed over 30 bows/chars im hooked on quartz, will be back there Saturday

  5. #5
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverado4x4kid View Post
    had a great day down at quartz, besides blowing three trailer tires during the drive. Hooked into 3 30+ inch rainbows, but couldn't get them through the hole. Landed over 30 bows/chars im hooked on quartz, will be back there Saturday
    Trailer tires not cool....Sounds like the fishing was good? I hope you get a photo with one of those 30+ inch rainbows. What are you using for bait? Depth?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  6. #6
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverado4x4kid View Post
    had a great day down at quartz, besides blowing three trailer tires during the drive. Hooked into 3 30+ inch rainbows, but couldn't get them through the hole. Landed over 30 bows/chars im hooked on quartz, will be back there Saturday
    Good night sweet prince! you're gonna alert the whole hmong/ukranian nation! theres gonna be a solid line of dodge neons and honda civics w/ straight pipes from Dimond center all the way to Squarebanks

  7. #7
    Member DRIFTER_016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Posts
    3,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Good night sweet prince! you're gonna alert the whole hmong/ukranian nation! theres gonna be a solid line of dodge neons and honda civics w/ straight pipes from Dimond center all the way to Squarebanks

    Too Late!!!!

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    485

    Question Magnfication

    Are you sure it was not a 15 inch Rainbow magnified by the ice Just curious. How big of an auger do you have? I would go with a 10 inch if the fish are that big.

  9. #9
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    i was using an 8 inch hole. using shrimp for bait and fishing in about 12 foot water, 1-3 feet off the bottom. that lake is big enough for me not to worry about all the crazy people fishing. i know where to go

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •