Thread: Quartz

Default Quartz

Im headed down to Quartz tomorrow for my first time to Ice fish there, anyone have any advice on where to fish there for some good size fish?

Quote Originally Posted by silverado4x4kid View Post
    Im headed down to Quartz tomorrow for my first time to Ice fish there, anyone have any advice on where to fish there for some good size fish?
    You will find some good sized fish right by the boat launch, just go out a few hundred yards. You will see holes drilled by TSS and others I'm sure, I've heard good reports lately out there. Good Luck!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

ill be down there tomorrow around 1030 if you want join us, ill be in white chevy silverado with a trailer and a atv

had a great day down at quartz, besides blowing three trailer tires during the drive. Hooked into 3 30+ inch rainbows, but couldn't get them through the hole. Landed over 30 bows/chars im hooked on quartz, will be back there Saturday

had a great day down at quartz, besides blowing three trailer tires during the drive. Hooked into 3 30+ inch rainbows, but couldn't get them through the hole. Landed over 30 bows/chars im hooked on quartz, will be back there Saturday
    Trailer tires not cool....Sounds like the fishing was good? I hope you get a photo with one of those 30+ inch rainbows. What are you using for bait? Depth?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Good night sweet prince! you're gonna alert the whole hmong/ukranian nation! theres gonna be a solid line of dodge neons and honda civics w/ straight pipes from Dimond center all the way to Squarebanks

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Good night sweet prince! you're gonna alert the whole hmong/ukranian nation! theres gonna be a solid line of dodge neons and honda civics w/ straight pipes from Dimond center all the way to Squarebanks

Too Late!!!!

Question Magnfication

Are you sure it was not a 15 inch Rainbow magnified by the ice Just curious. How big of an auger do you have? I would go with a 10 inch if the fish are that big.

i was using an 8 inch hole. using shrimp for bait and fishing in about 12 foot water, 1-3 feet off the bottom. that lake is big enough for me not to worry about all the crazy people fishing. i know where to go