Thread: Pack Identification

Default Pack Identification

Hello! I am new to this forum. I need help identifying a pack in a September 2010 Outdoor Life article written by John Snow titled: "Hell "Week". On p. 68 is a photo of him wearing the pack. Looks like just the kind of day pack I can use for Colorado & Pennsylvania: external frame curved to fit close to the body, the frame doesn't extend about the neck line, small shelf for light hauling, gun scabbard in the center of the pack. Does anyone have any ideas about who the manufacturer and/or what the model, etc. is for this pack? What do you think about it?

Suggest you scan in and post a picture.

Thanks! Will do my first chance.............

nbh40: Have the photo...........trying to figure out how to attach it. Will do at earliest opportunity.

easiest thing to do is to go to www.photobucket.com and set up an account. then load the picture there. Once loaded just copy the [img] code into the quick reply box here and hit post.

Default Photo Upload

Thanks for the help, LuJon. Been gone for awhile. I can't upload the file - it's a .pdf file. I'll convert to .jpg & upload via photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by jkdavis50 View Post
    Thanks for the help, LuJon. Been gone for awhile. I can't upload the file - it's a .pdf file. I'll convert to .jpg & upload via photobucket.
    Here is a photo of the pack!

It looks like a Eberlestock Dragon Fly on top of a frame pack, 2 different packs.
    Hard to tell.
    I used the Dragon fly for a pack hunt, It would be a little to big for a day pack in PA.

I stared at this thing for a long while and I recognize some of the features... just not all of them.. The bag does look like an Eberlestock but I don't really see the scabbard and I don't recall the eberlestock having the molly daisy chain on the top of the pack. I bet you would get an answer if you wrote the author of the the piece. I know I am curious to know what it is as well.

Got my money on it being a Blacks Creek. Not sure on model, but looks like an Alaskan or older Canadian. His rifle is strapped into the Bow pouch and straps. The frame is interesting though.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas! Yea, it does look a little big for PA. I'll write John Snow & see if I get a response, and will keep you all posted. I'm glad there is some curiosity out there - validates my own thoughts! Wish authors would include facts like these, space permitting, when they prepare articles.

Not sure, but could it be the Outdoorsman Hunter Pack? It has a rigid frame with a pack bag attached. http://shop.outdoorsmans.com/product...&categoryId=58

Your idea in having the author provide information regarding gear is a good one - some seem to include this information while other's leave us guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingert View Post
    Not sure, but could it be the Outdoorsman Hunter Pack? It has a rigid frame with a pack bag attached. http://shop.outdoorsmans.com/product...&categoryId=58

Your idea in having the author provide information regarding gear is a good one - some seem to include this information while other's leave us guessing.

Looks like the winner