Thread: Gun Boot Mount For 2011 Tundra

Default Gun Boot Mount For 2011 Tundra

Fabricated a mount for Kolpin Gun Boot on my new Tundra. This is the fourth machine it has been on...never had a problem with the wing nuts or mount coming loose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks! I have been looking for ideas.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

That is a clean install for sure. Have you ever had problems with the scope due to vibration?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I have never experienced scope problems due to the vibration. I use Leupold scopes , 2-7 x primarily although I had a 3.5-10 for a while and neither one suffered from the ride.

Could you show a close-up of the two attachments at the top? Or a quick-and-dirty How To? I want to make one for my AC Bearcat.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Default Gun Boot Bracket Attatchment

I used .125" aluminum for the bracket-trimmed to size and bent tabs on bottom to 90 and drilled thru tabs and tunnel. i attatched bracket with 1/4 -20 SS bolts , flat washers and nylock nuts. the top of the bracket is secured with 1" rubber insulated clamps, again using 1/4-20 SS bolts, flat washers, and nylocks. I cemented sheet rubber to bottom of tabs before bolting in place on tunnel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BINGO!

That's what I needed. Thank you!

Tedo did you get the 550F the 600etec, or the 4-stroke? I'm all in a quandary on what to get....

I got the 4-stroke. I would like to provide a little more insight on how it performs but the weather hasn't cooperated. I was looking for a utility sled and wasn't interested in the paddle track and big HP on the Tundra extreme. The thing sounds like my motorcycle and seems to have alot of torque at the lower RPM so should work out well for my purposes. Working on some plans to haul the auger around on the back.

I'm anxious along w/ everyone else to see what you come up w/. I was at CC today and came so close to getting lured into one of those renegade backcountry 600etec. Wowzer what a handsome machine! I did have my eye on the tundra w/ the 550f but i must have had a surge in testosterone cause that friggn renegade was sweet looking

in the state seperated from the lower 48 by Canada

Thanks for the great solution to a gun boot on the Tundra!! Good looking work and do-able at home with out fiding a welder.

I bought a 2010 Tundra this year (first sled in 30 years) and have got 60 miles on going to and from a friends cabin. Just about done with the break-in tank of oiled fuel. The 550 F has enough power for my needs.

Another question you should ask yourself about the fan, etec or 4 smoker is will you run in marginal snow conditions? Or in the spring? If this, then you will want the fan as the others are water cooled.

The 600 has power, and power can save your life at times, like when you hit some open water, then it will save your life, as the fan doesn't have the grunt to spin the track fast enough to keep you on top. And then the fun-factor.

The 4 smoker is 100 pounds heavier in the front than the other two. You will feel that. If you want a bus/truck, won't be maneuvering in tight quarters, don't expect deep snow, have 100% faith in your battery, and willing to pay a premium, then this is your sled.

Nice set up. I am looking to fabricate one for my Expedition. The only thing is I have the newer bracket that the gun boot slides into. Nice sno-go.

Nice mount. Might have to make one of those for my 2011 Expedition Sport 600ACE for those times when we run into some ptarmagin.
    I have been contemplating on how to mount the one off of my old Tundra 2 and yours looks like the ticket.

Nitroman I am not sure where you get your weight refrences from? My Expedition Sport 600ACE is only 22 #'s heavier than the 550F model(manufacturers listed dry weights).550F is 515# and the 600ACE is 537#. On the Tundra it is the same difference 550F is 483# and 600ACE is 505#.
    And I burn less than half the fuel my 08 Tundra 550F does.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I posted some pictures of a gun boot mount and a augerboggan a while back on the build it yourself forum---these were for my Tundra ii. A little cutting,welding, bending a a solid mount cab be fabricated for most sleds.

Yeah I really Like that.... Nice clean install. I was looking for a solution to put one of these on my Expedition, and I just printed this out so i can find someone to help me cut that mounting plate. Thanks a bunch for posting that.