Thread: request for a guide for a B.Bear hunt

Default request for a guide for a B.Bear hunt

This week I met a Soldier in my son's WTU (Wounded Warrior). He told me that one of his life's dream is to hunt a B. Bear in Alaska. I'm willing to donate the flying W/ my C-180, all the food and any equipment we would need. I also don't mind doing the cooking and camp chores. I don't have a guide's lic. and he's a non resident. So If anybody would be interested please PM me and we can work out something. Thanks guys. Tom

Tom,
    wounded warrior works with a bud of mine for most of their ak hunts. Has he ran it thru them already? Anyway check your pm box. I'll send you his contact info. I'll be out for a week or so hunting myself but he'll steer you right. I am confident ww is the first place you should start if he qualifies! If that won't work, my bud will take care of u and if not, gimme a shout in a week. I will.
    Kevin

And just to be clear: b bear is brown bear, right? They have a black bear program established.

Default AK Hunt

Thanks for the help, I'm sorry I should have written it out Brown Bear, Thanks again Tom

wounded warrior program has no hunts based in Alaska that I am aware of.. They may do a kodiak thing every now and then...But I have not heard of any for awhile..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

25yo,
    every spring.
    Chapter in Rydell's last book about it. Great program.

if I'm thinking correctly, this would be the PVA, I have been on that hunt it is a "nice" program. But it is not a Wounded Warrior Project affiliation.
    The W.W.P. has all but dropped out of Alaska to my knowledge...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

wounded warrior works with wayne woods of woods outfitting i belive for the brown bear and black bear stuff.
    pva does the spring black bear stuff over in unit 16 on the baited hunts.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I'm overwhelmed by the responce from everybody, makes me proud to be an American, thanks again everybody. I'l work a bit more on this and let you know how it goes.