Thread: Turkey Recipes?

Default Turkey Recipes?

It is that time of the year, anyone have a favorite Turkey cooking recipe they would like to share?
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Turkey marinade.pdf

Try this one. It rocks!
    We quit doing the traditional turkey and do this instaed as guests rave about it.
    Also works well for chicken and other birds.

**Cut bird into pieces, marinade overnight, grill till golden brown on outside and then bake in oven till done.
    Good stuff.
    BK
    Last edited by bkmail; 11-20-2010 at 09:08. Reason: add content

Inject your bird with http://www.johnnysfinefoods.com/Jama...12oz_p_52.html, let it sit overnight in the fridge and then deep fry it. You will need a big bore injector due to the large size spices. Gravey is an insult to the bird with this marinade. Bird will not be golden, but instead a little on the dark side due to the ranch style base of the marinade turning color, but don't let the color of the bird discourage you. Juices will roll out of that bird that you didn't think were possible.

Heres one I just got sent to me also. Never tried it, makes sense though.

1 - 15 lb. turkey
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)
    1 cup un-popped popcorn (
    ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT IS BEST)
    Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt,and pepper.
    Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan making sure the neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.
    After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.
    When the turkey's Butt blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room,.... it's done.

My wife made one once using the Martha Stewart method that she got online. It was a major PITA because I had to pull the thing out every half hour or so so that she could baste it, but it was a great bird when it was done.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Season with whatever you like, then deep fry that bad boy in peanut oil. You'll never bake a turkey again.

I brine my over night than smoke it for about an hour than fry it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Split it in half lay them in the pan rub them well with butter and seasoning throw some herbs and garlic in the pan and bake it at 425 for an hour and a half. It'll be cooked through and won't be dry like grandma's bird
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Iron Artist I'll have to try that with a turkey sometime. Makes sense.

Default Brine a turkey

Quote Originally Posted by kantill View Post
    I brine my over night than smoke it for about an hour than fry it.
    I'm no stranger to cooking turkey, but for some new ideas I opened up my "Joy of Cooking" and it was pretty clear that the way to do the most juicy turkey was to brine it first. I hadn't done this before.

They say 2# salt per gallon H2O for a 6 hour brine, or if your timing works better to soak it 12-18 hrs, cut the salt down to 1# per gallon.

So my turkey is now swimming in salt water until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Heres one I just got sent to me also. Never tried it, makes sense though.

1 - 15 lb. turkey
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)
    1 cup un-popped popcorn (
    ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT IS BEST)
    Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt,and pepper.
    Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan making sure the neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.
    After about 4 hours listen for the popping sounds.
    When the turkey's Butt blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room,.... it's done.
    I laughed so hard at this one that I just had to email the recipe to one of my buddies back in Minnesota. He's been divorced for several years and can't cook worth a darn. He burns everything he's ever put in the oven. I figured the self eject feature of this recipe was perfect for him. Only thing is, he's kinda slow at catching on to jokes. I'm a little worried that he may actually try this.............lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.