Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downed and Missing F-22 Pilot - Denali Highway Susitna River Area

Default Downed and Missing F-22 Pilot - Denali Highway Susitna River Area

Heads up folks, The downed F-22 and missing pilot appears to be in the Butte Creek area of Denali Highway. There are lots of military searchers headed that way searching for one of our heroes. I know many of us hunt and play there, but I'm not sure it would be advised to get in the middle of an organized search unless asked. If you are headed there however, please keep your eyes open for this young man. I'm sure prayers would be appreciated. This ADN link shows the area of search.: http://www.adn.com/2010/11/18/156142...rness-for.html
    PC gag in place.

i also heard they are plowing the road open so beware if headed up on snowgo.....hope they find this guy, wife and i were praying about him last night, just on my mind for some reason....still can't belive the military don't know where he is....no wonder they can't find bin laden...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I sure hope he is alive. My wife and I will be praying too. That would be really cool if they found him.

I just watched the news. The news said they found the wreckage, but they neglected to mention finding the pilot, so I am assuming he is indeed lost. Does anyone know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    I just watched the news. The news said they found the wreckage, but they neglected to mention finding the pilot, so I am assuming he is indeed lost. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Last I heard they had found the wreckage, but not the pilot. I have not watched the news yet tonight though.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

The news has officially been released: they haven't found the body but have found evidence that leads them to believe that he did not eject. RIP.

Yeah, I just heard that too. It sounds like they found the ejection seat and other items that indicate he did not eject. Pray for his family. Sad news.

Yes, I just got a news flash that the pilot died in the crash. So sad to here. God rest his sole.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i also heard they are plowing the road open so beware if headed up on snowgo.....hope they find this guy, wife and i were praying about him last night, just on my mind for some reason....still can't belive the military don't know where he is....no wonder they can't find bin laden...
    When planes go down it can take an extremely long time to figure out what happened. I have all the confidence in our miliary, which is full of brave and talented men and women, just like this young man.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

RIP Brother! I'm Sure all the Bulldogs miss you terribly (sp). Folks lets keep his Spouse and children in our prayers.

Prayer said for the family to find strength in God. It's always sad when a member of our military dies providing freedom for this country and then we have folks that want to abuse and dishonor it.

HERE IS THE LINK to the story in the Elmendorf / Ft. Rich news site. It is now a recovery operation. I'm sure it will be a while until the cause of the accident will be determined.

I'm sure his wife and children will greatly appreciate prayers on their behalf.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    HERE IS THE LINK to the story in the Elmendorf / Ft. Rich news site. It is now a recovery operation. I'm sure it will be a while until the cause of the accident will be determined.

I'm sure his wife and children will greatly appreciate prayers on their behalf.

-Mike
    Out if curiosity, will they even share a crash determination with the public? Prayers for the safety of the recovery workers too...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Out if curiosity, will they even share a crash determination with the public? Prayers for the safety of the recovery workers too...
    they did when the awak went down on Elmendorf... took a while but one came along...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Very sad outcome. Prayers for the family. Hopefully the reason for the crash can be discovered. Those that wear the uniform deserve our respect and support.

I heard they found part of his uniform and a torn apart ejection seat. RIP. Keep his family in your prayers.

Have they recovered his body?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Yes. It will take about two years before the final investigation report is released to the public. I have some experience with this process and formal Air Force Mishap Investigations are very, very thorough. They will reverse engineer this crash and determine the cause(s) with a high degree of certainty when it's all said and done.

Godspeed Capt Haney.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Barkbuster20 View Post
    Have they recovered his body?
    Barkbuster,
    PM Sent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast