Thread: Kodiac Hunt for my son

Default Kodiac Hunt for my son

My sons on his second day of a 5 day hunt on Kodiac. Started yesterday and he got a 4x4 buck. Today he got a fork. 3 more days to go. Think I better arrange the freezer better.........lol
    Pic of 4x4 attached. No pic of the spike yet.
    1st deer-4x4.JPG
    Go get em kiddo!
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Just got day 2 fork pic.
    2nd deer=spiker.jpg

Posting from the field, aint technology great. Nice deer though good luck on the last few days of your hunt

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Posting from the field, aint technology great. Nice deer though good luck on the last few days of your hunt
    Ya, no kidding. At least this way I know I gotta rearrange the freezer before he gets back.........lol
    Gonna be a busy guy here the next few days canning salmon and corning a bunch of bou roasts........lol

got a recipe for corning those bou roasts? I have a bunch of brisket roasts from bou and moose I wanted to try doing that with.

Andrew
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

This is the one I use, turns out great

http://www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/...rnedmoose.html

Do it as per instructions, shortcuts effect curing and flavoring.

Smile Day 3 hunting report, just got fishy!

Third day of the Kodiac deer hunt for my son's group is up to 7 deer. They took friday afternoon off to go fishing and picked up some Halibut. 4 - 30 pounders, 1 - 75 pounder and a whopping 405 pounder. Not a record fish, but they said it is a record for that area.

Thumbs up

Good Hunt so far, it seems. But manoman, this is clearly and example of things to come. No more After the Hunt Storytellin'. Now we get play by play action packed realtime feeds from the field. I'm IMPRESSED!!!. I hate listening to those after the fact Stories, that inevitably wind up making the buck bigger, the weather worse, the mountains steeper and the tales taller. I gotta say, I favor the real deal, as it is happening.

Give him some realtime Rep Points from me, when you text/email/phone him back.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~