Thread: Kenetreks and wet feet

Default Kenetreks and wet feet

I got Nikwax with my Kenetrek Mtn Extremes. Not sure if I am not applying it right or need to use more than just the auqueous wax or have bad boots. Boots are like a sponge within in a couple hours of walking through frost on grass or a couple inches of snow or immediately if I take a couple steps in water. Feels like it is coming in on top of my toes. Any suggestions

I have a set of the mountain extreme boots and the one thing I am happy with is their waterproof-ness. I use the aqueous wax liberally about 2x per year and they work great. I would contact the company and talk with them.

Are they Gore-tex? My Lowa Hunter extreme, left boot, leaked right out of the box. They are gore-tex. Anyway, I took them back to the store where I bought them and they dealt with shipping them back - replaced for free. Worth a thought if they are gore-tex and pretty new?

I have the mountain extreme boots as well and they stayed dry during my season up north I put them through the worst you can think of and they stayed dry the whole month I cant say enough good about them I do use a lot of wax though and a heat gun I soak them and heat them till they wont hold anymore twice a year and they dont leak at all. I think you got a bad pair for the price they cost they should take them back and replace them.

My Kenetreks will eventually soak through, but it takes a while. For some reason the left boot is worse than the right one. I did contact Kenetrek and they will happily replace them if I wish. It's probably something I should do, but I hate to turn in a pair on nicely broken in boots.

Yk

I can't see a problem with sending them in. Honestly they are too soft for my purposes and were well broken in within just a few short miles. From my time in them they make a good hill boot, they are a bit too stiff soled for flat ground woods hunting and not stiff enough for real mountains. Mine broke in extremely easily, matter of fact the only hot spots I have ever had from them was from going up and down mountains and having them stretch enough to loosen up and let my feet slide around. Their tendency to stretch to the point that I run out of gap between the eylets to tighten them is their biggest downfall. The wind-tex waterproofing has been stellar on mine and my feet have never gotten wet unless the water depth exceeded the boot height. That said, these will likely be the last pair of kennetreks that I buy. I bought them for heavy packs and rugged peaks which they are not quite cut out for. Better in the mountains than standard fare whitetail hunting boots but certainly not up to the task their name implies.

Thanks.
    I will be going to the store where I bought them and see about getting another pair. I really like them otherwise.

I bought a pair of Keen Summit County boots this year after having a lot of bad luck with boots and HOLY CRAP these things are amazing! I take blood thinners so my hands and feet are pretty sensetive to cold and wet and my feet stay dry and warm with no wax needed. Down to about 10 degrees I am able to just wear a Swift Wick liner and past that they are great when you add a smart wool. Just a thought. They are at REI for about 140.
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!