Thread: F&G Commish

Default F&G Commish

This might get moved but I don't know to where. Does anyone know Ms. Campbell?

Acting Fish and Game Commissioner Cora Campbell
    Cora Campbell has been named acting Fish and Game commissioner. She currently serves as fisheries policy advisor and special assistant to Governor Sean Parnell with responsibilities for fisheries, game, environmental conservation, natural resources, and Arctic policy issues. She has served as the governorís representative to various boards and committees, including the North Pacific Fishery Management Council and the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute Board of Directors. Campbell has served as executive director of the Petersburg Vessel Owners Association and was an advisory panel member of the North Pacific Fishery Management Council and the North Pacific Research Board.
    Campbell received a bachelorís degree in education from Pacific Lutheran University. A lifelong Alaskan, Campbell grew up in Petersburg, where she spent her early years working in

Cora's a great lady. I've known her and her husband for quite a few years and her mom was one of my teachers in HS. She was raised in a commercial fishing family, seining, crabbing, longlining.... she's done it all, her dad's boat is named after her. She definitely understands the hunting and fishing community in Alaska. All in all I think she'll make some very good decisions.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

As a side thought, she's very ambitious and has climbed the ladder quickly. She's pretty darn young to be in a commissioner postion even acting. She's only like 32 or 33 years old. She's gotten there by being smart about her job and working very hard.

As great as she sounds, I am a little suspect of anyone having an education degree in charge of a dept. this important. This is not to degrade the value of an education degree but I doubt having one would qualify you for very many supervisory positions in ADF&G, much less the commissioner. Then again, our previous governer only had a communications degree
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I highly doubt this will transfer into a fulltime position. She has been handling all the ADF&G, ADNR, and ADEC issues in the governors office for a number of years so I guarantee you she's up to speed.

BTW, this is the job posting for Commissioner of ADF&G...no education requirement. Not saying that means Cora is qualified, but it was one thing I noticed.

COMMISSIONER Alaska Department of Fish and Game The State of Alaska is recruiting for Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. The commissioner shall be a qualified executive with knowledge of the requirements for protection, management, conservation, and restoration of the fish and game resources of the state (AS 16.05.010). The commissioner is the principal executive officer of the department, whose mission is to protect, maintain, and improve the fish and game resources of the state, and manage their use and development in the best interest of the economy and the well-being of the people of the state, consistent with the sustained yield principle. Applicants should provide: 1) a letter of interest with statements of resource management philosophy and personnel management philosophy, 2) resume, and 3) three professional references. All application materials must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at: Boards Support Section, ADF&G P.O. Box 115526 Juneau, AK 99811-5526 Fax: 907-465-6094 jim.marcotte@alaska.gov Applications will be considered by the Joint Board of Fisheries and Game as it develops a list of qualified applicants to forward to the governor as per AS 44.39.030. Questions may be referred to Jim Marcotte or Kristy Tibbles at 907-465-4110.

The way the commish is picked is that a joint board of BOG and BOF gives a list to the Gov. I doubt that Cora would make that list. I do know her and she is a great person but It is like saying Palin can handle the white house, LOL. Not gonna happen
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Palin in a red teddy could handle me.

But only for a little while.

As long as she didn't say anything.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    The way the commish is picked is that a joint board of BOG and BOF gives a list to the Gov. I doubt that Cora would make that list. I do know her and she is a great person but It is like saying Palin can handle the white house, LOL. Not gonna happen
    That's the way I see it. Cora's just filling the seat till BOF/BOG send the list to Parnell.