Thread: New Airstreeks or Bushwheels

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Default New Airstreeks or Bushwheels

We have a talorcraft and are going to the bigger tires. I see Alaska Bushwheels bought the Airstreek name and are making them again. I was wondering if anyone has a set. The are lighter than the Bushwheel and are made for aircraft with a 1700 lb gross waight and under.
    They are made from the same rubber as the bushwheel just lighter. They make a 29 inch tire. They sound great i was just wanting to hear if anyone has a set and how they like them Compaird to a bushwheel. Bushwheel has the stc for taylorcraft 29 inch Airstreeks and 31 inch bushwheels. Pros and cons whats your thought........

Did you ever pick up a pair of the Airstreak 29s? I've got the 26s, and am thinking of putting a pair of 29s on if I upgrade the engine on our tcart.
    -Out-of-State for school, remembering why I love Alaska so much

you really can't go wrong with either one, but lighter is always better!! I like the bush wheels for lighter aircraft, but I am looking for a good set of gar aeros for my 185. With the heavier aircraft, it just "feels better" when I land on beaches and uneven terrain. Just my 2 cents.

We have a guy in Nome that has the 26 Airstreaks on his Pa-11 and he loves them. I have run just about everything on both cubs and 180/185's. I settled on 29 inch Bushwheels for the big planes and 31 inch for cub. The only time I would want my gar-aeros back is when operating in the shale and the hard stuff. Those Bushwheels sure get cut up alot with the heavier plane. Either way you can not go wrong.

A friend of mine put the new 29" Airstreaks that are made by AK Bushwheel on his Champ. They are great. They work just like a regualr set of Bushwheels, but are just designed for a lighter aircraft. I would recommend them for a T-Chart, Champ, PA11, etc.

Shane