Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOB myths: BUSTED

Default FOB myths: BUSTED

I hear from an archer who took the Certification Class this past weekend that an instructor was POO-POOing FOBs, claiming that they were larger than they are.

Well --

FOB vs. Blazer --[]------------> Diameter:
    Attached Images Attached Images

What the wind sees:
    Attached Images Attached Images

ANY QUESTIONS????

Taylor

-[]--------->

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    I hear from an archer who took the Certification Class this past weekend that an instructor was POO-POOing FOBs, claiming that they were larger than they are.

Well --

how'd it shoot like that??????????
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Do the pink ones you shoot work as good as the one in the picture?

Not sure which instructor this was, I took the course in Palmer and FOBS were never mentioned.
    Paul

Not sure what instructor it was either. I taught a class a month or so ago and I even made it a point to talk about FOBs (which we have an example of in our classroom supplies) and point out their good points and their bad points.

Bottom line, 75% of the students I have taught are shooting a Whisker Bisquit, so the FOB discussion really doesn't come up. I shoot several types of arrows out of two bows...those with FOBS, those with Blazers, a dozen with my old 4" vanes. To this day I can't really tell the difference between any of them. My bow with 4" vanes and a W.B. does everything I ask it to and it's my "go to" bow.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

How does the FOB clear the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    How does the FOB clear the rest?
    technically it is the rests job to clear the FOB. They use a drop away rest with them that is set up for shooting with FOBs. There is a lot of info on that on the FOB website.

Case Closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post

Well --

I was in that class and that's not what the instructor was saying, the instructor was rambling a lot. He was basically saying that FOB's can't be used with a whisker biscket. I don't think he answered the question well, but that's what he was saying.

There is such a HUGE amount of archery equipment available that it's impossible to keep up on all of it as an instructor. We ramble quite a bit too. Some are better instructors than others, but I'm a rambler and I'm working on it.

I watched a guy make a 200 yard shot on a balloon last night on T.V... shooting Easton Epic arrows and Blazers...in a pretty good wind no less... who woulda' thunk it
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I finally ordered some FOB's today and I got some arrows prepped tonight that I will use them on to try them out. The curiosity and craze has finally got the best of me.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    There is such a HUGE amount of archery equipment available that it's impossible to keep up on all of it as an instructor. We ramble quite a bit too. Some are better instructors than others, but I'm a rambler and I'm working on it.

I watched a guy make a 200 yard shot on a balloon last night on T.V... shooting Easton Epic arrows and Blazers...in a pretty good wind no less... who woulda' thunk it
    Was it on steel? Steel targets with ballons on tv shows, If you watch they often hit nowhere near the ballon! All you have to do is hit the steel and the ballon pops from the vibration! You will see the lead hit low and leave a mark, but they pan up rather quickly to the ballon. Cool trick, but just that! Never saw the ballon and bow one though. I can shoot 100+yards at kincaid and hit paper target, with the FOB's.

Marc, how did you photoshop those pics to get the FOB so small?
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Ha, Funny one AK DUX!

Just shot my first FOBs with accunocks. Where in AK can I buy the combo? I found the websites but would like to keep the money in state if possible.

I don't think you'll find accunocks in state, but you can get the FOBs at Full Curl. I don't know if they have both standard and Axis size, but they might. Drop by!

love my fob and accunoc combo took a little bit tuning my bow to shoot the fobs cause they were touching my riser when they left the bow but once i got it tuned up with some advise over the phone from paul "maker of fobs" bow and myself are shooting better than ever with fobs blazers and feathers.!!
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

I normally keep Accunocks in stock. Just got wiped out of my last 18 standard Accunocks, but I've got 20 of the smaller diameter X-nock size in stock.

I'll be getting more standard size in about a week.

Never thought of consistency in a nock before using these. They are all THAT!

$8 for 6.

Taylor

-[]--------->

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast