Thread: Tannerite

Default Tannerite

Ok so I just got in a whole crap load of this stuff and just wanted to do a little advertizing.

What is Tannerite?

Tannerite is a binary explosive used primarily as a target for firearms practice. There are many videos on youtube demonstrating the power of tannerite. It is supplied as two powders which are combined to produce the explosive. Tannerite detonations occur at a very high velocity, producing a very large explosion. Tannerite is unique in that it is exceptionally stable when subjected to less severe forces such as a hammer blow or being dropped. It is more than 1000 times safer than ordinary black powder since it is not flammable and can not be initiated by any kind of flame or electricity.

How could something so fun, be legal everywhere?

Answer: Because Tannerite falls under the same laws as black powder and all other explosives that are exempt for sporting use. Since the two components are not explosive until mixed, they can legally be purchased in the USA without a license. The federal government, not the state, governs the manufacture of explosives. They specifically exempt the need for an explosives manufacturing license.

*Use with .223 or faster rifle, the bullet needs to be traveling at 2000 pfs.

*Tannerite is NOT flammable and will not start a fire so it's safe to shoot in the dry summer.

*You must be at least 100 yards from target.

It is available in pound targets and/or also sold by the case (20 targets) prices will be as fallows.

1 target: $7
    2 targets: $12
    3 targets: $17
    5 targets: $25
    10 targets: $45 (1/2 case)
    20 targets: $78 (1 case)
    40 targets: $150 (2 cases)

Arctic Ammo & Reloading Supplies / Mat-Su Tactical
    4900 palmer-wasilla hwy ste 1B
    wasilla AK 99654
    (907) 357-3381

Near Phoenix, AZ

Sounds like a blast, no pun intended.

Befor I even put it out on the shelves I made shure I have four case loaded in my truck. So my next trip to the range will be eventful.

holy **** I watched some of the you tube videos. that stuff is powerful, it only takes like 3 or 4 pounds to blow up a car.