Thread: Chem Warmers...

Default Chem Warmers...

So somewhere in another forum on here I read an old post about saving and re-using chem warmers. It simply stated that if you say, spend 3 hours plowing the driveway there is a lot of use left in an 8 hour warmer, just seal them in a plastic bag. Sure enough, this actually works! I just put them in a ziploc baggie and in a few they use up all the oxygen and stop producing heat. When you take them out they re-activate. Could believe this actually works and I though I would share since everyone is having to pinch pennies now a days.
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

Interesting piece of information, thanks for sharing that one, I'll give it a try.

Good tip. I wonder if it would make them last even longer if you vacuum sealed them???

Possibly but the reason I was told that this works is that is uses what little oxygen is in the bag then they in essence "shut off". Mine only took about 10 min and when you considder how cheap chem warmers are and how expensive vacuun seal bags are I dount the trade off would be worth it.
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!