Thread: Swarovski customer service.............Awsome!

Default Swarovski customer service.............Awsome!

Hello Guys,
    I purchased a set of Swarvo ELs back in 2002. The cost just about rolled my eyeballs back in their sockets, but I paid it anyway. (By the way NEVER look through a pair of first class optics unless you are prepared to buy them. One look and you will be spoiled for life) After 8 hard years the steel on the ring of my harness set up wore through the attachment point on the right side. The damage was arguably due to abuse; I was technically out of warrantee and had potential grey market issues to boot, so I figured I would pay for the repair. Swarovski, however, said mail them in and we will fix them.
    I received back my repaired binoculars today and I was extremely impressed. I had anticipated a quick swap of the attachment point, but instead their technicians essentially rebuilt my binoculars to as new condition, including recoating the lenses. It probably cost them more to do my repair then they would have spent on sending me a new pair and this on an 8 year old set.
    It pays to go first class!
    Dave

This is not the first time that I have read of their stellar customer support. I know a guy that shipped back a set of SLC bino's he had purchased used and got the same top notch service. Great company to deal with from everything I have heard. Only hard part is getting over the initial purchase price!

Just curious. What was the turn around time on getting the item back from repair?

I dropped it in the mail on 10/18 and they tried the first delivery on 11/12 ( took me three tries to hook up with UPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I purchased a set of Swarvo ELs back in 2002. The cost just about rolled my eyeballs back in their sockets, but I paid it anyway. (By the way NEVER look through a pair of first class optics unless you are prepared to buy them. One look and you will be spoiled for life) After 8 hard years the steel on the ring of my harness set up wore through the attachment point on the right side. The damage was arguably due to abuse; I was technically out of warrantee and had potential grey market issues to boot, so I figured I would pay for the repair. Swarovski, however, said mail them in and we will fix them.
    I received back my repaired binoculars today and I was extremely impressed. I had anticipated a quick swap of the attachment point, but instead their technicians essentially rebuilt my binoculars to as new condition, including recoating the lenses. It probably cost them more to do my repair then they would have spent on sending me a new pair and this on an 8 year old set.
    It pays to go first class!
    Dave
    This has been typical of my experience as well. Swaro customer service is as good as it gets.

During my guide time, for one reason or another, i have advised client-hunters to return "abused" optics to Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, and Leupold. All have returned with glowing reports of quality customer service way above what had been expected.