Thread: Couple successful snaring location pics

Default Couple successful snaring location pics

Got out a few snares and have had some success. Here's a couple pics taken after the catch to give y'all some examples. I drew in where the snare was.

Snares are set in the snogo trail. I have better luck that way. Never get much success setting in the foxes tracks.
    An ATV works just as well. Set in one tire track and block the other. Or set in both tracks. I also carry pruning shears to snip willows out of the way or to cut some to place in the trail.

Good luck
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Wink

thanks mike... but you know there will prolly be a trapping in sno go buffer zone next year... at least 2 miles from the nearest track
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

vince come on, you know as well as I do that sno go and 4wheeler trails only require a 1 1/2 mile buffer zone there is no need to exaggerate. Plus if we don;t have the buffer zone than the are will be over run with machines creating paths for predators everywhere, then where will the snares go?

Marten trapper (poking fun aside) thanks for the snare picks it really helps to see them in place, for those of us just learning the trade. I am trying to get into it to teach my kids more. Any other tips are honestly appreciated.
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Mike, what are fox going for this year, do you know yet?

Hey this helps, thanks.

Here's another set. This was a trail that had been used into a bait pile. As you can see the snare is snarled by my mornings catch but you get the idea of the location and the set. The snare was located within the "triangle" of sticks disguising the snare.

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Keep posting tips, we like to learn from your success. Thanks to both of you.
    BK

I don't sell the fox on the regular market. Have a couple taxi's that buy from me. Dorsal skinned, feet still in and frozen. Likely commercial market won't be much more than 25 bucks.
    You could try salt drying any fox you get Mark, doing all the prep work on feet, eyes, ears, nose. Sell over the internet and ship when you go to town. Should get you at least double the commercial price.
    Wolverine are quite popular on the taxi market.
    Anything a guy catches that is exceptional (big, color, feet color, etc.) often brings a good price from taxi's.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Mike, thanks for the info. I should have dorsal skinned that first wolverine and salted it and froze and given the taxi market a try, as he is a big guy. Main problem is when one of us does get to town to sell fur we need the money right then and can't send off then wait for a check in the mail that we only get twice a year. Which is why we don't much send our fur off to auctions any longer.

Good work with snare sets there.
    Best,