Thread: a new 206!

Default a new 206!

I bumped into an od friend this week and he told me he had picked up a 206 and pointed it out. The first thing I noticed there was shinny paint all over it and no dents ! Then inside there seats everywhere. It had a glass instr. Panel. WOW, I had forgotten what a new Cessna looked like. Anybody flown one of these? I'm going to fly it next week, and looking forward to it.

a new 206 in my experience means that it has only been crashed twice.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

WOW a new GLASS 206!!!! That must have cost a half million!! I bet it flies nice!!

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

my last flight in a new 206 was in 1977..(hey it was new to me!!!) those are gorgeous, add some wipline amphibs and the world is at your doorstep...have a fun...what size motor does the new one have?...

IO540 in the new one. We were talking about these the other day...suggested list is $533,000...whoa.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default always be nice to your co pilot

This is a Turbo 206 with the TIO-540. When I first met this fellow he was a 2LT fresh out of flight school, now he's a Col.

TIO-540....wow very nice! What are they rating the horse power on that? 350? Glad they finally went to a lyc!! Fuel flow on T/O must be HUGE!!! Hey, get as many pics as you can for us!!

IndyCzar is right! A new C-206 with Wiplinger's Wipline 3750 amphibious floats is the best of all worlds. My new 1984 turbocharged TU206G was mounted on those floats. They beat Edos and PKs by ten miles for takeoff performance, without question. Forgiving float angle for takeoffs (unlike the old PKs, which were easy to repair but difficult sometimes on takeoff).

I haven't been on the Wiplines, but the Aerocets that are on my friend's 206 are awsome! Be interesting to fly the Wips to see the difference.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

Quote Originally Posted by headoutdaplane View Post
    I haven't been on the Wiplines, but the Aerocets that are on my friend's 206 are awsome! Be interesting to fly the Wips to see the difference.
    It would indeed!

I got to take a new one to Africa on a ferry flight a couple of years back, The G-1000 is some box. 109 function keys by the way. At a half a million dollars, it would be hard to put one to work and make the payments with the charter rates these days. Then there is that little issue with the EPA and 100 LL. They want it gone and well they have not come up with something to take its place. Now with that issue why would any body go a half a million on the hook? Till they get a handle on the fuel issue, there are going to be a whole lot of people with airplanes and no gas, then calling R-R for the turbine power plant they got that is in the 300 hp range just right for a 206, and there is plenty of jet a around. only thing its a you guessed it another half a million dollars. Cool I think I will live to see a 206 cost a million dollars. Guys the EPA is out of control and this is going to be a real problem for GA.