Thread: Anchorage, sheep hunting, fleece pullover

Default Anchorage, sheep hunting, fleece pullover

Had a change of plans and now headed to Anchorage this weekend.

Would like to find a good pull over fleece for my wife for an upcoming sheep hunt. Beginning of August.

Any suggestions on what kind and of places we can look at them in the city. Would like to be able to have her try it on. Better than the internet, cause you get the right piece the first time.

Thanks
    Jason

Check out Sportsmanswarehouse. They have a section for womans clothes.

Sportman's, Sport Authority next door, REI and the outlet next door, AMH, Peter Glenn

Default A woman's fit..

Can't help you on location, but I can and will advise you to purchase a womens jacket! Of course it is all dependent on her build, so trying on is the best way to go! Good Luck!

Default mountain hardwear

I would look at the mountain hardwear alchemy jackets, fleece lined and windproof/highly water resistant weighs 21 ounces , it was the only jacket I took sheep hunting along with my hh impertech. Look at REI, if you don't want to support them, look at them and then purchase from another store on the internet.

Smile Sportsmans

Went to SpoHos last weekend and LOTS of stuff was on sale including many womens clothes. A tent I bought (CD 2man) for $160 was on sale for $100. If the sales are still on you may find a lots of bargains!!! I would check them out.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Default custom fleece

if you are worried about sizing. then go custom made. check out day one fleece or beyond fleece.

i have gone sheep hunting with both and you can't go wrong. perfect fit, you measure yourself and they cut to size.

good luck.

Mt. View Sports, Barney's, 6th Ave Outfitters, B&J Commercial, Army Navy.

The best polar fleece pullover I've ever had was by Gale Force, now a Homer based company.
    http://nomaralaska.com/pullover.htm