Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a SUPPRESSED Firearm be used for "DLP".........?

Default Can a SUPPRESSED Firearm be used for "DLP".........?

It clearly states that one can not hunt with a suppressed firearm, However "DLP" is not hunting. So if the neighbors are sleeping, and one does not wish to disturb them, could one use a suppressed firearm for "DLP". I should think so. What say you.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    It clearly states that one can not hunt with a suppressed firearm, However "DLP" is not hunting. So if the neighbors are sleeping, and one does not wish to disturb them, could one use a suppressed firearm for "DLP". I should think so. What say you.
    Legal or not, unless I had another gun sitting right beside it, I would be using whatever was in reach if the situation arose. I don't think I would find myself all that worried about waking up the neighbors, the red/blue flashing lights that would shortly follow the encounter would probably wake them up anyway.

You can't hunt with a suppressed firearm? What a bass ackwards, ignorant regulation!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well if you are worried about disturbing the neighbors enough to use a suppressor then you are certainly worried about bothering the troopers enough to employ a shovel...

***Not that I condone such behavior but we ARE talking in hypotheticals here...

So how concerned are you about your life and property if in that moment of truth, you are worried about waking your neighbors?

"So if the neighbors are sleeping, and one does not wish to disturb them, could one use a suppressed firearm for "DLP".

No,I dont think that would be the rout you would want to go if you saved yer butt with a silencer attached.... not it that context,anyway...... I think you would have a hard time telling a jury that you anticipated a DLP enough to have avoided it, if you had the forthought to try and concele it from the neighbors.
    It would be certainly brought up that you were "Defending" yourself in suspicious cercumstances.
    Most people trying to save their lives would be wanting the neighbors to konw, and maby get on up and the hell on over!

Now if you happen, in some trye unpredictable way ended up DLP'n with your quietest of .45's (for example) Id immediatly call the help on up, with yelling or phone. Wouldnt want to keep such to yourself and think that someones onna jury is gonna belive you werent just hunting at night with your silencer.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I might be wrong, but I don't see where it states you cannot use a suppresser for hunting in SOA.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    I might be wrong, but I don't see where it states you cannot use a suppresser for hunting in SOA.
    It is under "Prohibited Methods". (Set-Guns, Explosives, F-16 Mini-Gun, etc.)

That is a somewhat odd question however, assuming a class 3 firearm was the only option I had, I would certainly use a suppressed weapon for DLP. Then I would get ready to explain how someone with a class 3 license didn't have a better option for dispatching a bear!

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    That is a somewhat odd question however, assuming a class 3 firearm was the only option I had, I would certainly use a suppressed weapon for DLP. Then I would get ready to explain how someone with a class 3 license didn't have a better option for dispatching a bear!
    Does not have to be a bear, could be a Mountain Goat, or a Pitka.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    And let's face it, 98.3 percent of the questions on this forum are "somewhat" ODD.

I don't see any reference to suppressed weapons.

"Machine Guns" are prohibited....so that would be like a FA AR-15....But I still don't see anything about suppressers...

I've always been under the impression that they are legal.....and I'm still not seeing where its prohibited...

Its a class 2 weapon attachment. Like short barreled rifles, and "any other weapons", short barreld shot guns, pen guns, ect. All leagl with athe right papaer work, both offical and green$.
    Class 3 is for full auto and its registry.

Thankfully, all of those of us who "Can" can carry a conceled weapon for DLP today most anywhere, but wit few exceptions.

Having one that is register'd to you on the firearm your carrying for self defense out in the woods wouldnt sound too outta wack, speccially on a short barreld rifle.......theres no law that says you cant have it or shoot it on public/private lands, so if you need it , use it, but leave out the "I didint want to wake the neighbors" part and people will have to respect your methods of taking care of your own, yourself.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Ultimately we seem to be concentrating on the defense of "life" part. The simple fact is that he can defend his property which doesn't necessarily require the same urgency in it's response. He could watch a bear walk up hist drive while cleaning his rifle, then see the bear round the house and start pealing apart his mini goat cage or work shop. That is plenty "cause" to shoot the bear under defense of "property". Then again if done in ANC they would certainly require more strengent protocol than the ROE for Iraq! Something along the lines of clap then yell, green laser, CS gas followed by rubber bullets, and finally call in to Gov Parnell and get clearance to engage, etc...

I want everyone awake and let them now the next night is their watch
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Ultimately we seem to be concentrating on the defense of "life" part. The simple fact is that he can defend his property which doesn't necessarily require the same urgency in it's response. He could watch a bear walk up hist drive while cleaning his rifle, then see the bear round the house and start pealing apart his mini goat cage or work shop. That is plenty "cause" to shoot the bear under defense of "property". Then again if done in ANC they would certainly require more strengent protocol than the ROE for Iraq! Something along the lines of clap then yell, green laser, CS gas followed by rubber bullets, and finally call in to Gov Parnell and get clearance to engage, etc...

I believe you forgot to .."tazer" the bear, or pitka..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

And just like that another "soldier" is up on charges of war crimes.... <grin> Dang ROE!!

Thanks for the correction, i'm obviously not in that club (yet...).

A clean defensive shoot is still a clean shoot and it shouldn't matter whether you use a suppressed firearm, machinegun bow and arrow or Napoleon cannon.
    Now what ?

If you have to defend yourself i dont think you will be worried if you wake the neighbors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast