Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't fret fellas

Default Don't fret fellas

Some folks are upset that there glorified unit 13 caribou registration hunt has ended. Well there is always the 40 mile winter hunt guys so no need to get depressed fellas tighten up your boots straps wipe those tears away blow your nose and get ready for 1 December!

I'll be there if it actually opens this year.

Me too it should be a go since they did not meet there qouta during the fall hunt. How long it stays open is the question we should be asking.

I still need to drive the $11,000.00 Super Wide-Track up Palmer Creek and harvest a Subsistence Caribou. Roll it into the Otter Sled, and bring it home in the $62,000.00 Crew cab GMC 5500 4X4, ain't subsisting great.

Oh didn't you guys hear. There moving that hunt to Dec 10th this year. yup no hunt on Dec 1st. So definitely do not come up to hunt the 40 mile until Dec. 10th. I however will selflessly go up on the first and scout the herd taking detailed notes of all herd movements until you get there even though you definitely cannot hunt until the 10th of Dec.
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

"I still need to drive the $11,000.00 Super Wide-Track up Palmer Creek and harvest a Subsistence Caribou. Roll it into the Otter Sled, and bring it home in the $62,000.00 Crew cab GMC 5500 4X4, ain't subsisting great."

Yaaaa, AGL4now, with your PFD for tipping cash, you could fly up here on yer Lear Jet bring the latset short fat magnumb and get 'em like your entitled too.
    There is no yearly income celing for Subsistance hunting

Thers definitly no lowincome level to be a Horn hunting Sportsman ,either, so if the trailer door can still be locked, theres opportunity here too ...........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Should be some woods bou along the Stikine soon and maybe some rocks.There were good moose just over the border this season that eat good.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by akfishfool View Post
    Oh didn't you guys hear. There moving that hunt to Dec 10th this year. yup no hunt on Dec 1st. So definitely do not come up to hunt the 40 mile until Dec. 10th. I however will selflessly go up on the first and scout the herd taking detailed notes of all herd movements until you get there even though you definitely cannot hunt until the 10th of Dec.
    I thought the registration hunt always opened up on the 10th and substanance on the 1st could be wrong, havent hunted the winter hunt in a few years

I was just bull *****. The hunt is Dec 1st, Fed. subsistence is in Nov. Just having some fun. Though if everyone wants to wait till the 10th. :-)
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

How is this winter hunt undertaken? Mainly road hunting or is there good access on snow machines? Haven't hunted up that way since 07'. Would love to fill the freezer.

AZinAK

I'm wondering the same thing. I have heard people run to chicken and run there sleds but I have also heard the bou are not in there and are closer to the steese hwy I don't know I guess we are going to Tok then make a run towards chicken. All I know it will be cold.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I have heard people run to chicken and run there sleds but I have also heard the bou are not in there and are closer to the steese hwy I don't know I guess we are going to Tok then make a run towards chicken. All I know it will be cold.
    okay when the little bus stops, and the driver is giving you directions... he is really trying to say.. becasue they are on both roads..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    okay when the little bus stops, and the driver is giving you directions... he is really trying to say.. becasue they are on both roads..
    I love you to vince tried calling you today I had a question but now I forgot what I was going to ask you huh maybe it will come to me tomorrow.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I love you to vince tried calling you today I had a question but now I forgot what I was going to ask you huh maybe it will come to me tomorrow.
    beep beep

anytime
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Some folks are upset that there glorified unit 13 caribou registration hunt has ended. Well there is always the 40 mile winter hunt guys so no need to get depressed fellas tighten up your boots straps wipe those tears away blow your nose and get ready for 1 December!
    they are thinking about postponing or not opening up the steese hwy side due to large groups of caribou next to the road ( went up & seen them my self) I went up with friends for the fall hunt & counted over 1,000 trucks up there & yet only 89 bou got taken? heard they are close to the taylor hwy. think i'll go down there for my caribou

That was the plan to head to the taylor hwy probably get a room in Tok casue I figure it will be a little chilly to camp out. I need to go tdrop a leave form for the 30th on November get up there a littl early anyhow.

So if one were to get a caribou during the rc566 hunt, can he not hunt this one in tok? A buddy invited me to go but I ended up getting one this last weekend and wasn't sure if I was even allowed to go for another.

Thanks

No you cannot, you already met the bag limit of 1 caribou. Now if the winter hunt bag limit was two caribou, then you could go and shoot one.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I had figured

There are no bou on the Taylor of of now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast