Thread: Foxpro electronic calls anyone?

Default Foxpro electronic calls anyone?

Seems like alot of successful hunters out there on the internet are using the Foxpro calls. Just checkin to see if anyone here uses em and if so how do you like em or is everyone still using mouth calls? I'm thinking of getting the scorpion model foxpro. Mainly for coyote, fox.

If you really want to learn how to call I would start with a mouth call and after you know what youíre doing you could switch to an electronic caller. Out in the states most hunters use a electronic caller. The animals hear the same exact call over and over and know itís not a rabbit.

I plan on getting one, probably the FX3 or Fury. I have heard good things about most all of the foxpro models but the FX3 and Fury are the loudest when running on the built in speaker and seem to have the best battery life from what I have read... I just want to buy one once and get a decade or more use out of it. I am a big fan of quality equipment.

Why are you guys so obsess with volume, (Not just you Lujon) if you could hear a live rabbit cry you would not hear it a mile away so why do you want to scare the animals away by sounding like a 200# rabbit?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    Why are you guys so obsess with volume, (Not just you Lujon) if you could hear a live rabbit cry you would not hear it a mile away so why do you want to scare the animals away by sounding like a 200# rabbit?
    I agree, I have heard a real life rabbit and completely concur that they are not that loud. I will also point out that I did not intentionally shoot that poor rabbit in the testicle. I did dispatch it with my side arm as quickly as possible though, and felt genuinely bad about it. The only reason I am interested in "volume" is in wind. Under calm conditions I agree not a lot of volume is needed, and it would be easy to "over do it". I would just like to option to crank it up a bit on blustery days and see if I can push the sound upwind enough to pull a cat or K9 out hiding.