Thread: under a trapping license could you set out a bait of meat scraps and>>>

Default under a trapping license could you set out a bait of meat scraps and>>>

Could you set out a bunch old beef bones under a trapping license and some snare and also predator hunt thta spot I cant seem to find anything in the regs about this.

yes you can. look under the trapping regs. If its legal to trap it that way then you can shoot it that way. A gun is just another legal tool under the trapping regulations. But you have to follow the trapping bag limits and seasons.

i am wondering about the bait part can we use old beef?

Any commercially produced food you CAN use to my knowledge. Its the edible meat of a hunting or fishing quarry that would be your "no-no". It doesn't matter how old or freezer burned the meat may be, if its not from the store you cant use it. But any hide, guts, "non-edible" parts of any game animal or fish you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf0994 View Post
    Any commercially produced food you CAN use to my knowledge. Its the edible meat of a hunting or fishing quarry that would be your "no-no". It doesn't matter how old or freezer burned the meat may be, if its not from the store you cant use it. But any hide, guts, "non-edible" parts of any game animal or fish you can use.
    Anything store bought or agriculturally raised is legal bait. Might check for local govt regs on dumping.
    Regs say "bones, hides, viscera" can be used for bait. That is from game animals. Sport caught fish cannot be used. You can use commercial caught, and purchased, fish and subsistence caught fish for bait. Sour dryed salmon was a staple marten bait in large parts of the state in the past.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Also remember if you come upon any game that has been killed, you can set on that location but you cannot move it and then set.
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!