Thread: Sons first PWS Deer hunting trip - SUCCESS

Thumbs up Sons first PWS Deer hunting trip - SUCCESS

I took my son on his first PWS sitka blacktail hunting trip this month, the weather was terrible but but overall success was great. My son pulled two nice bucks out, hunting partner got a very big fork (longest i've seen)...overall the three of us pulled 12 deer out and we even passed up on some does while going after bucks. Check out the smile on the big buck .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice, congratulations.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

I remember when each of my 3 sons got their first deer. Oh ya, they were proud, but they didn't have a clue how proud I was fully. Great pics. Keep him hunting and you'll never starve.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Wow! Nicely done, dad. That second deer your son has is possibly the largest buck I have ever seen come out of PWS. That is a true beauty! Really, any deer taken by a child would be awesome, but man...that buck is awesome. Congratulations to the young hunter!

ditto on that big buck man he's a beauty, and to have your son take him. I dream of that day with my kiddos. Good job getting the kids out.
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Wow, nice job Dad, that kid can hunt....

Especially in tough weather to pull a bunch of Deer out of the Sound is impressive but that second Buck, Man he outta be proud,

Congrats to both of you
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

The fall weather in the sound can be trying, kudos to you and your son for a successful hunt in more than just deer.

Dan
    It is nice to know that there are "ALASKANS" out there, no matter where they live.

Great job Dad! I think you've got a lad that will frequently ask you to go hunting some more. Good father and son time, and judging from the results, a very good hunter in the making!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i agree with all of the above.. nice!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Well done! You guys had a great year. Mikey's buck is beautiful.

Congrads on the deer did you do a boat trip or a fly in. If the weather will get better I am heading down thanksgiving weekend with the boat

It was a boat trip, this time of year we even bring dry wood with us ! This is the first November in the last 14 that we actually even had a thunder and lightening storm.