Thread: What is it worth to kill a deer?

Default What is it worth to kill a deer?

I know this is the wrong forum. Thursday night a Game Warden was murdered over by Gettysburg Pa. He caught a low life scum killing a deer with the spotlight and a shootout between him and the Game Warden started scumbag was shot in the hip, Game Warden was shot in the head.My prayers go out to the officers family. Jim from Pa...........

Sad deal for sure. It isn't that a hunter killed the warden it is that a criminal kills deer and people. Hopefully the state will do the right thing and kill the guy back.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Sad deal for sure. It isn't that a hunter killed the warden it is that a criminal kills deer and people. Hopefully the state will do the right thing and kill the guy back.
    i agree... in a land over run with deer. they have to resort to this
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'd never want to be a wildlife LEO for just this reason. You KNOW that the guy is armed...what you DON'T know is if he's just ignorant of game laws, a stupid thrill seeker, a backwoods subsistency old cruster, or if he's a felon with no good intentions towards a man with a badge. Couple that with the fact most of them work alone and in dark remote places where Shoot Shovel and Shut up is more easily practiced....no thanks. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Years ago I walked into my deer stand on opening day in Ill. Some guy was sittin in my stand (with a deer layin at the base of it...I was a little late getting in). The guy was a mangy lookin, greasy, slouchy type with a wild eye. I politely informed him that he was sitting in my stand, to which I got a shrug. I had my climber and was going to sit a few hundred yards away anyway, so with his initial reaction and rough look, I took the high road and congratulated him on his deer and politely asked him to sit elsewhere in the future as I'd be hunting most of the season. I introduced myself as we chatted to be congenial and he did as well. Being it was a small town, when I went into the bar to work that night, I asked my boss (a lifer in that town) if he knew the guy....he asked why....I told him the guy was sitting in my stand that morning.....My boss's eyes get wide and he said in no way shape or form should that guy have had a firearm in his hand legally as he was a several time felon and some pretty rough stuff to boot. I just thank my lucky stars I was ignorant enough of who he was, and polite enough not to get into it with the guy and could just walk away acting stupid and get away with it. Had I been a warden in the same situation....would this guy have reacted the same way? Those are brave men who do this stuff daily. Too bad the injuries weren't reversed in this situation....flippin scum.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the warden and his family. Its a world full of dirtbags out there.