Thread: Power Auger

Thumbs down Power Auger

This weekend I found myself in a dillema. I was out at crosswinds lake. On the first night my augur broke. We take it back into the cabin and unscrew the top hoping that maybe a screw came loose and could be easily fixed. Apparently the plate that conects the chord to the starter was broken in 3 places. This is an Eskimo Barracuda 10 inch auger that I received for Christmas of this year. My girlfriend looked for the receipt and found it. All the recipt really says is that you may return item within thirty days of purchase date in resaleable condition. Do you think I would be in the right to take this auger back with the pieces and the recipt in hand and ask for it to be replaced? (not money back just want another one) or do you think i am just going to get the finger and need to attempt to find the parts my self?

thanks for the input,

- Ben

I would bring it back. There is also a warranty that comes with it and I'm sure that is longer then 3 months. The store should not have a problem with a swap out.

I would.. What is the worst thing they can say "NO".
    I'm pretty sure they will just exchange it.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

First off,did you end up getting to fish?See any cats?I'm sure if you took the auger back the store they will take care of you.I have had nothing but bad luck with Eskimo augers in the extreme cold up there.I had a old strike master that I had to finally retire last year but it was put thru alot of work with snareing beaver and ice fishing.I never took care of it and always just thru it in the back of the truck or on a freight sled with no cover and it NEVER let me down.I just picked up a new one and used it last week for the first time and it rocked!Oh by the way,caught 4 rainbows,14-16" on the lake near Big Lake.

nice fish. Crosswinds was a learning experiance. caought 3 none over 23 inches and a burb aorund 25. there were some people around me that caught a nice 34 inch laker and 4 burbs around 28-29 inches. just wasnt my luck. I will try to take back the auger tommorow. I have just had nothing but bad luck when it comes to sw and returning items

thanks for the help
    -Ben

Ben,I went by SW durring lunch to get some more lure's and I asked about your auger and the guy said to not even bother bringing it in.He said the only warrant them for 30 days and to call the factory(Eskimo)to see what they will do for you.Bummer!

hmm, I probably passed right by you. Luckily the auger that I bought still had the techmuseh motor in it and the warrenty work is done in eagle river. I will hopefully have a auger back in a week or so. tommorow me and some friends are going to try figure 8. anyone been there recently?overflow?

-Ben

well i guess they are not going to cover it by warrenty because we took it apart to see what was wrong *** oh well $40......

-Ben

Default figure 8

i was out on figure 8 on monday the 12th. The biggest pike was 31.5" and close to ten pounds. It was pretty slow other than that. Spent 6 hours fishing cought about 10 pike total. Try creek inlet on front right side as you come onto the lake. Good luck fishing.