Thread: Basic Hunter Ed practice test

Default Basic Hunter Ed practice test

Look to the right column under Testing and choose practice test. Enter your B-day and take the practice test. Expect about 15-45 minutes depending on your ability to take a test. The practice test changes every time you take it according to the website.

http://www.hunter-ed.com/ak/index.htm

I'll be honest. I got a 74%. Failed. The shotgun q's messed me up. As well as a couple other technical q's. There were distractions during the test so that may have contributed to my low score. (children, dogs , phone and basic ignorance)

The bottom line is I need to take the course. Never claimed to be a good hunter...Just ethical.

Thanks for the link! 88% for me... A few of them were kinda worded oddly, but I made it through relatively unscathed. I need to brush up on some of the things that I've forgotten (and learn some new stuff) and try again.

Moving up soon and been wondering about hunters ed. Is there a min. age are does everyone need it? Also are they given at certain
    times of the year? I've taken a few courses in my time, even though I'm 49 think it would help me hunting in Alaska.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4361 View Post
    Moving up soon and been wondering about hunters ed. Is there a min. age are does everyone need it? Also are they given at certain
    times of the year? I've taken a few courses in my time, even though I'm 49 think it would help me hunting in Alaska.
    basically if your 24 or uyounger you will be required to have it..january 1 1986 is the born after date... many lower 48 courses will meet Alaskas req.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Just a side note to this subject for anyone interested. If you don't have an entire saturday or sunday to devote to a hunter ed class up here then I strongly recommend doing the online course and then you only have to do about 2-4 hours of "field training". PLUS you don't get stuck sitting in a hunter ed class with a bunch of 12 year olds. I went the online route and am very happy with it.

Got an 80%, Im not a shotgun shooter. Some of them questions tripped me up a bit...

As a hunter ED instructor I can tell you that if you go through the student manual and answer all the questions, the test is easy. I don' think there is a minimum age but if they are under age 10 they will probably struggle with the written test and the shooting proficiency unless they have shot a lot with their family.

I'm planning on getting this done in the next year. Having trouble making myself read the course material. I start skimming. Every time I take the practice test, I miss the passing score by one question!