Thread: Rmk 800

Default Rmk 800

So my buddy picked a new 2010 rmk we take off hunting yesterday I'm on my 600 anyhow things are fine and the next thing you know his sled just stops running. Gets it started and all his guages stop working he takes off and dies again we pop the lid checking all the wire connectors everything looks good. This goes on all day making for a long day. Have any of you had this issue before? We figured it was a definate electrical problem. We let it sit fire it up the headlights would work but real dim and eventually stop working and the sled would die. Also at one point you give it gas and it would die. He took it back to the dealer today but has not called me to let me know what they told him. This was a brand new machine and yesterday was it's maiden voyage.

No doubt it is electrical. I'd guess a wire got pinched during assembly and is grounding out at times. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Still under warranty?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

i had a similair issue with my 2010 rmk 600 and it turned out they sent it without connecting one of the sensors. thats all it was but without the diagnostic program it would have taken a while to find it. sent it to the shop and they had it fixed in 5 minutes. does the check engine light come on? you can count how many times it flashes and call the shop and they can tell you what the code is for it might save your buddy from having to take it in.

He took it in and did not stick to his guns and left it and they said they try to get to it this weekend. But knowing this dealers history he might get a call next week. I told him to go to hatcher pass oh well then again HP does not gave any 2010 models in wasilla.

A few ideas... the new machines come with gas line and oil line clips that crimp down the supply lines so that no or very little fuel gets to the motor. Might look for those....

Was this the "break in" run for the sled, where you run like 1/4 to 3/4 throttle for like 2 tanks of gas with some oil added to the gas for those two? Was he following the break in procedures?

I know they had to re-map a bunch of the 2010s also and maybe the dealer didnt do that?

Just some ideas. I hope it works out! Good luck

It was a bad voltage regulator they told him it was a common thing on new sleds? Don't know how true that is.

a bad regulator on a new sled...is common? whats wrong with this picture...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

If you expect to be told the truth from that service department, you will be disappointed.

Anything's possible with a Polaris 800 from the past few years. A regulator problem is simple to fix. Change it out and move on.

They fixed it considering the sled was brand new. So it should be good to go now.