Thread: Need help with Caribou hide!!

Default Need help with Caribou hide!!

Being the FNG that I am at shooting something big enough to mount, I cut a little (about 6 in) short in the brisket area of my 1st bout to get him shoulder mounted. Talked to the taxidermist and he said if I could find another hide that was close we could do some splicing. I am in Anchorage and the bou was shot last week up on the Haul. If you got anything to help out that would be great!!!!!

Call Al with Fairbanks Fur tannery. Take a picture of your hide and send it to him. He often gets hides from the north and west. I know he has some now, in fact. Probably a good bet you could buy a close match.

452-6047

Thanks. I actually talked to him yesterday and he said he might but i have to wait till Monday before he could help me out, just trying other options incase it falls through. Thanks again

I might be able to help you. I'm on my way back to ak from lower 48. Pm your phone # to me and I'll try to call you tomorrow. I live in ANC.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default medium bull

I have a meduim bull cape.. taken mid Oct this year, has a small cut in the corner of the mouth and a entrance .223 hole (dime/quarter size below the eye.. Fleshed, everything turned, split and salted today.. Pretty colors, thick fur plenty long with a short Y.. Selling cheap due to the hole

Attached Images Attached Images

AKHunter1,
    Some how I deleted the message you left. My phone # 223.2339
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa