Thread: how to disassemble 300 weatherby bolt

Default how to disassemble 300 weatherby bolt

I have a 300 wby mag, am trying to take apart the bolt for cleaning. not having much luck. can any one help?

Southwest Alaska

I bet if you called Weatherby they'd tell you exactly how to do it.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Pull the striker back slightly and rotate it to hook on the bolt shroud. It has a ledge cut in the cocking piece to serve this function. Push in the shroud latch plunger to release the shroud to unscrew. Then while holding the bolt level, unscrew the bolt off the firing pin assembly. Be aware there is a ball bearing at 12 o'clock in the firing pin assembly. As you unscrew the bolt off the FP this will fall out unless you hold the FP assembly right side up. That should do it.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."