Thread: Quartz Lake: Veterans Day Report 11 Nov 2010

Default Quartz Lake: Veterans Day Report 11 Nov 2010

What a great way to celebrate Veterans Day. Ice Fishing with former and current members of the US Army, Alcanron, Snagger22, and I. Between the 3 of us we represent over 50 years of military service!

Ice is about 5-6 inches thick, and the weather was about 20F with gusting wind at about 20mph. We dead sticked bait most of the day at a depth of 2 feet out to about 10 feet. Lots of silver salmon and a few king salmon. Only 6 rainbows caught. Everyone caught fish today.

Snagger22 had the cathc of the day. He caught a monster rainbow measured at 22 inches long and had 12 inches of girth. It was his biggest rainbow he has ever caught. He fought the fish for about 3 minutes on a UL rod. Caught the whole thing on video. The fish of Quartz got revenge later on in the day when he lost the same rod he used to catch the monster. A big hit came and in a flash the rod was gone shot right out of the rod holder in the hole.

What a great day spent with 2 great military vets! Video to follow soon.

Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    What a great way to celebrate Veterans Day. Ice Fishing with former and current members of the US Army, Alcanron, Snagger22, and I. Between the 3 of us we represent over 50 years of military service!

Ice is about 5-6 inches thick, and the weather was about 20F with gusting wind at about 20mph. We dead sticked bait most of the day at a depth of 2 feet out to about 10 feet. Lots of silver salmon and a few king salmon. Only 6 rainbows caught. Everyone caught fish today.

Snagger22 had the cathc of the day. He caught a monster rainbow measured at 22 inches long and had 12 inches of girth. It was his biggest rainbow he has ever caught. He fought the fish for about 3 minutes on a UL rod. Caught the whole thing on video. The fish of Quartz got revenge later on in the day when he lost the same rod he used to catch the monster. A big hit came and in a flash the rod was gone shot right out of the rod holder in the hole.

What a great day spent with 2 great military vets! Video to follow soon.

Yeah! That is freaking awesome! Sounds like a great day, definitely a nice fish! Guess that rod was a one hit wonder...haha, lol!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

It was a great day with great veterans. I lost my rod down the hole 1st as the fish must have wanted it more than me and Snagger22 pulled it out with the help of the video camera. We tried to locate his but had no luck, it is now part of Quart Lake bottom collection. Can't wait to get back out

It warms my heart 3 of our Nations finest got to share some fellowship on Veterans Day. Oh and thats a gorgeous rainbow wow!

great fish an a great smile an not a bad day

Nice job guys and thank you for your years of service to our great nation.
    Hopefully the Peninsula will get some safe ice soon so when I get off the slope I can catch some rainbows like that.
    I know some lakes where they grow that size and then some so hopefully it won't be long.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Sweet-oh! Nice job. There has to be a frozen lake around here somewhere!!!!

Dude I totally was there in spirit! I was spending my Veteran's Day in the Arctic Survival School @ Eielson Next time!!!