Thread: AK flyfishing goods

Default AK flyfishing goods

I am considering buying some stuff this winter from AK flyfishing goods. I have always been a pretty loyal customer to Three Rivers Fly and Tackle in Wasilla. I know the guys down there, and they are always very nice and professional. Plus I believe in supporting the local economy and I try to always give them my business over Wally World or Sportsman's Warehouse. I have been impressed with the quality of fly selection and merchandise on AK flyfishing goods though. Anybody ever bought stuff online from them before? Can you tell me your opinion on their business or merchandise? I really know nothing about them other than the website.

I buy things from there all the time. Being stuck in healy there aren't very many good places close by that have good alaskan specific products. Almost all of my orders from affg have come with hand written notes with tips or an extra fly to try out. I would be very suprised if you had a neagtive experience with them.

They also carry some specific bead colors and other flies that are perfect for ak and hard to find other places.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I use AK fly fishing goods at least 4 times a year. I live on the kenai peninsulla and there arent any good fly shops close by unless you head up to anchorage. They send out your order quickly and they will give you good advise from seasoned anglers over the phone. They usually include a favorite fly of theirs in the order for free also. I had the chance to stop in this summer and check out the shop, it is really nice and they always want to talk about fishing. They were even able to get me a couple of products that they didn't carry in the shop. They are my first choice in online fly shops.

Alaska Flyfishing Goods is my favorite fly shop. These guys are awesome in every way. Great products, fast shipping, good selection, etc.. Their website is top notch as well. They get my vote.

-Dan

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Great Guys to deal with . Straight shooters. Know their stuff. DB

Juneau (AK) Fly Fishing Goods is my local fly shop, you should not feel guilty ordering anything from them, they are top notch individuals and are highly recommended!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    I am considering buying some stuff this winter from AK flyfishing goods. I have always been a pretty loyal customer to Three Rivers Fly and Tackle in Wasilla. I know the guys down there, and they are always very nice and professional. Plus I believe in supporting the local economy and I try to always give them my business over Wally World or Sportsman's Warehouse. I have been impressed with the quality of fly selection and merchandise on AK flyfishing goods though. Anybody ever bought stuff online from them before? Can you tell me your opinion on their business or merchandise? I really know nothing about them other than the website.
    Wallys and sportmans is local because they employ locals. I shop at 3-Rivers, Walmart and Sportsmans becuse they all 3 contribute the local economy. I NEVER order online crap and I have no idea where AK fly fishing goods is located. If they're in the valley I'd like to know other wise I don't care they're not local. So where are they, Juneau?

Affg is indeed in juneau. Its good to support them. Their flies are the best quality you will find compared to all the box stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_Ak View Post
    Affg is indeed in juneau. Its good to support them. Their flies are the best quality you will find compared to all the box stores.

Oh well Juneau isn't local so they're out. I'll stick w/ my valley suppliers as long as they don't outwardly exhibit anti-comfish sentiment that is.....ahem, uh Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Wallys and sportmans is local because they employ locals. I shop at 3-Rivers, Walmart and Sportsmans becuse they all 3 contribute the local economy. I NEVER order online crap and I have no idea where AK fly fishing goods is located. If they're in the valley I'd like to know other wise I don't care they're not local. So where are they, Juneau?
    I guess what I meant to say is that I like to support the small business owners locally, rather than the big wig companies like Wal-mart and Sportsman's Warehouse, who is owned by people out of state. I understand that people locally work for these companies, but I would hate to have 3 rivers go out of business because Wal-mart and Sportsman's can beat they're prices. I think that would be a poor choice for the local economy and for flyfishing in my humble opinion. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

i to have use them myself, once i ordered some flies, which they ran out of the same day i ordered and paid for, they compensated me by giving me more flies of ones i ordered and threw in some beads total cost in flies and beads was more than what i paid and wrote me an apology letter about the situation. awsome customer service! they get my vote.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

I'm friends with one of the part owners of AFFG. They are definately top notch and will go out of their way for you. They always have stock available, and are very reasonable on prices...

for how little i have dealt with them i can vouch for onelung on this one. . AFFG even worked with me on a time that would work around my schedule to open up shop so i could get my line spooled on. they are very proffesional and always have good advice to follow afterwards. i am impressed and they found themselves a repeat customer...that reminds me, i need a new loop for my fly line!!

I ordered some garcia glo bugs from them a little while back and they included some extra glo bugs of different colors for free along with a handwritten note wishing me luck with the steelheads. I was pretty impressed with the personalized service and will order from them again.

This explains why you can't catch those Kenai fish. You might try you gear in Juneau.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Alaska Flyfishing Goods is my favorite fly shop. These guys are awesome in every way. Great products, fast shipping, good selection, etc.. Their website is top notch as well. They get my vote.

-Dan

Smart ***

This is one of the reasons big people don't like little people.

As it turns out, the less time I spent on the sticks, the more fish I got.

Had it not been for Jose taking us in his boat one day, I never would have figured this out.

Some of us lower 48'er's learn slower than others. Ha ha...

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Likewise...I ordered some glo-bugs on Tuesday morning along with some other things. On Tuesday afternoon I received a personal call from the shop explaining that some of the glo-bugs I ordered were out of stock. They were switched out for others and they threw in a fly or two to try out for free. And it shipped same day. 1st class service that you don't see much of these days anymore. Will definitely order from them again. Thanks AFFG for the great shopping experience!

Sapper in the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post

I"ll bet Dan's favorite band is "The Village People"!!!! LOL!

Great, the midgets are ganging up on me.

Help Dave!!

******* village people? Seriously?

ha ha ha...

Gotcha! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!