Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETA ... I agree with them to a point about hunting

Default PETA ... I agree with them to a point about hunting

I just got back from hunting this past weekend and a PETA person in our office gave me some friendly sass, I asked her what PETA was all about and she said its simply to treat animals ethicly. I agree with her on that, its just that i think its ethical to hunt and fish. I think its very ethical to raise chickens for the sold purpose of frying them. I think it totally ethical to raise pigs for several reasons, bacon, chops and ham just to name a few. I think its ethical to hook a fish in the mouth and then bonk and bleed it and eat it for supper. I think shooting animals for a bear skin rug is ethical. Some killing of animals is unethical. Shooting a moose or caribou and letting it lay and rot is unethical. Catching fish and putting them in the freezer only to throw them out two years later and keeping fish every year is unethical. To waste game and fish is unethical. Hunting for sport and to fill the freezer is very ethical. We need to treat game with respect and within the law. I cant wait for tomorrow night so i can leave hunting again to shoot some deer. After their point of being ethical they are nuts!

You left out...good clean shot....ethical in my book.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

People Eating Tastey Animals.......clean Kills and consumption Its all good

Hitler thought he was doing the "Right thang", too, didnt he?.....yaaaa, our First PETA kinda guy.....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I remember about five years ago when I saw that PETA was protesting a cow patty throwing contest in Nebraska because, no kidding, it was "demeaning" to the cattle. Apparently, the cows are aware of the nature of the contest and feel humiliated by it. I would not have known about this atrocity had it not been for PETA.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineHawk View Post
    I remember about five years ago when I saw that PETA was protesting a cow patty throwing contest in Nebraska because, no kidding, it was "demeaning" to the cattle. Apparently, the cows are aware of the nature of the contest and feel humiliated by it. I would not have known about this atrocity had it now been for PETA.
    OH jeeees. one more thing to add to my list of not does:
    1-no more s@*t slinging

Anyone wanna add to the list.............lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

"what PETA was all about and she said its simply to treat animals ethicly." and if you believe that I got some swampland in FLA I'll sell cheap...

PETA like the BRADY gun control bunch is all about stripping private citizens of their 1st thru 14th Amendment rights.
    svenska50@hotmail.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Default Ketch hail for this...

... but is it ethical to kill only for the trophy, with sole intention of displaying one's prowess and no intention of eating, or, at the very least, using the fur for clothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertip-CO View Post
    "what PETA was all about and she said its simply to treat animals ethicly." and if you believe that I got some swampland in FLA I'll sell cheap...

PETA like the BRADY gun control bunch is all about stripping private citizens of their 1st thru 14th Amendment rights.
    That is for sure! THey are wacko's. they call fish sea kittens so we feel bad when we catch them. Well i am a kitten mass murderer and a serial kitten killer. To equate a human life with that of an animal or fish is just plain wacked!!!

I think.........
    There is a place for all of God's creatures.
    Right next to the potatoes and gravy.
    Everyone has a right to there own opinions but is is only until one tries to force their opinion on another that isn't right. Let someone try and stop me from something I have a passion for such as hunting, fishing or trapping. That will be one cold SOB tied to a tree until I get back from a hunt. Then maybe they will understand what unethical treatment is.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ... but is it ethical to kill only for the trophy, with sole intention of displaying one's prowess and no intention of eating, or, at the very least, using the fur for clothing?
    Nope.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

yep.. brown bear unit 13..

Without any doubt haveing no intention to eat or salvageing of the meat if absolutly not ethical,while using furs from fur game speiceies as clothing.... is ethical, with exception of hides of any big game animals like elk, deer, caribou or moose, most of the time you have to or choose to leave them in the field, like those long Alaskan packsout meat hauls! Now is it ethical to kill for the trophy, and put them on display to show off youre adventure to everyone. I think that in the back of all of our minds we know that we all would take the biggest if we had a choice to choose from. Say youre in a any bull area and a 65 incher and 2 other bulls one a spike fork and a 42 incher are standing 200 feet off the trail, youre only minutes from youre rig and its open season, which one are you gana pull up on and shoot?? hm! now some folks realy dont like shooting old or rutty bulls they want the better meat thats a given too. The freezer or the trophy, not many guy/gals I know wouldnt take the big one. I dont see what the problem is with antlers holding a dollar value, and used in mounts, art, furniture, jewlery or collecting, some hunters are Shed Heads or antler colectors, im one of em! i love showing off my trophys and im dang proud of all my kills, and finds, I love it. "I hunt to live and live to hunt".

Without any doubt haveing no intention to eat or salvageing of the meat if absolutly not ethical,while using furs from fur game speiceies as clothing.... is ethical, with exception of hides of any big game animals like elk, deer, caribou or moose, most of the time you have to or choose to leave them in the field, like those long Alaskan packsout meat hauls! Now is it ethical to kill for the trophy, and put them on display to show off youre adventure to everyone. I think that in the back of all of our minds we know that we all would take the biggest if we had a choice to choose from. Say youre in a any bull area and a 65 incher and 2 other bulls one a spike fork and a 42 incher are standing 200 feet off the trail, youre only minutes from youre rig and its open season, which one are you gana pull up on and shoot?? hm! now some folks realy dont like shooting old or rutty bulls they want the better meat thats a given too. The freezer or the trophy, not many guy/gals I know wouldnt take the big one. I dont see what the problem is with antlers holding a dollar value, and used in mounts, art, furniture, jewlery or collecting, some hunters are Shed Heads or antler colectors, im one of em! i love showing off my trophys and im dang proud of all my kills, and finds, I love it. "I hunt to live and live to hunt".
    Given that scenario, yes, I will likely shoot the big boy, but my honest intention is to fill my freezer. Now, if I am alone and 2 or 3 miles from my transportation, I will shoot the smaller moose and still fill my freezer. My ego does not need the 65" antlers.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I just got back from hunting this past weekend and a PETA person in our office gave me some friendly sass, I asked her what PETA was all about and she said its simply to treat animals ethicly. I agree with her on that, its just that i think its ethical to hunt and fish. I think its very ethical to raise chickens for the sold purpose of frying them. I think it totally ethical to raise pigs for several reasons, bacon, chops and ham just to name a few. I think its ethical to hook a fish in the mouth and then bonk and bleed it and eat it for supper. I think shooting animals for a bear skin rug is ethical. Some killing of animals is unethical. Shooting a moose or caribou and letting it lay and rot is unethical. Catching fish and putting them in the freezer only to throw them out two years later and keeping fish every year is unethical. To waste game and fish is unethical. Hunting for sport and to fill the freezer is very ethical. We need to treat game with respect and within the law. I cant wait for tomorrow night so i can leave hunting again to shoot some deer. After their point of being ethical they are nuts!
    You are Sooo, Right, and Soooo, Articulate.

I wooda wanted to say that, like that.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Hate to sound bitter or angry but the PETA people argue in a passive agressive manor, which is very hard to anwser or counter in a logical and polite way. We as sportsmen try to give reasons to these people and they could care less, they know what they know. Now also understand these people will rejoice in your death, yes even the nice lady in your office. Ever read the letters to the editors after a hunter dies for some reason? I've given up trying to explain myself and my actions to these people and accept them as enemy's of my way of life and the priniples my country is founded on. OK now will someone help me off this soap box .

"Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Nope.

+1 Nope, it's not.

well well.....PETA is crazy plain and simple no doubt about it. I would ask your co worker to really look at what PETAs track record is, if she has any sense at all she will start following some other animal rights group.

As for hunting ethics in regards to having no intention of consumption or clothing. I disagree with some here who answer nope. People hunt for many reasons and they don't have to mirror yours or mine to be considered ethical IMO. There is a reason brown bear is not required to be meat harvested most people find the meat foul, yet for proper management we as a people need to be harvesting brown bears. I have no intention of eating or making clothing out of wolf but the pursuit of that animal is an addiction for many and there is no doubt that we need to be harvesting wolves for management of our dinner table. I enjoy taking part in a harvest for many reasons not just food. Sure I have ideas of what is ethical and what is not but I try not to push that on others unless asked or I am trying to teach young-lings. As long as you are hunting with in the law knock yourself out!! I might not always like how someone hunted or someones hunt result but unless it is unlawful or endangering someone you will not hear me *****ing at you about ethics.

I love wall art as a memory, as a cultural piece, as a conversation piece, as a trophy etc ect....I did not eat all my wall art.
    Cheers
    Jason

I just felt like it needed to be said again......PETA is freaking crazy. totally freaking coo coo for coco puffs crazy

Who the hell shoots a moose or caribou and leaves it to rot? It's majorly illegal to do.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast