Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Valley get-together of Alaska Outdoors members on Wednesday 12/1 – You're invited!

Default Valley get-together of Alaska Outdoors members on Wednesday 12/1 – You're invited!

--------- the short story: -------------------------------- What: Open & free meeting of AOD members in the Valley, between Palmer and Wasilla
    Date/Time: Wednesday, 12/1/2010, from 5 p.m. Until 7:30 p.m. or so...
    Place: Glacier Canyon Grill in Wasilla, on the South side of the Parks Hwy, ~4 miles North of the split from the Glenn.

Gathering of trappers, hikers, climbers, fishermen, dipnetters, climbers, and hunters of all forms; all outdoors people.

Located below and behind the huge Grandview Inn and Suites, next to Chiles and Evangelos, in Wasilla just off the Parks.2900 Parks Hwy, Wasilla

Google Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...M5fgigOdy6iLDA

These appetizers are ½ off from 4-6pm so get your orders placed with Ruthie (server-extraordinaire) before 6pm to qualify: : http://www.alaskagrandview.com/resta...aurantmenu.htm

Also it is Wing Night, and also there's a fine special on a very nice rib eye steak dinner.

---- end of short story ----- beginning of Long Story ----------

Forum Anonymous
    [fawr-uhm] [uh-non-uh-muhs]

1. A support group for members of the Alaska Outdoors Directory. Though one time thought to be a fictional support group dedicated to helping fellow members addicted with this forum, the efforts of a few vocal supporters of late have made their presence be known. There are thought to be FA chapters present now in Ketchikan, North Pole, Fairbanks, The Valley, Big Lake/Houston, Butte/Sutton, the Kenai Peninsula, and Anchorage.
    2. A way for members of the Alaska Outdoors Directory to meet in person, and put a face to that name.

The Valley Chapter of FA is proud to announce that their first fellowship meeting will be held on Dec 1 at the time and location noted above.
    We wanted to have it earlier but we had to postpone it till the 1st of the month so our Big Lake/Houston chapter members could attend. We were concerned that Glacier Canyon Grill in Wasilla would not honor our Houston friends' Quest cards for appetizers and libations, after all, the dividends are spent and the state social services checks don't come in till the 1st.

Although the notorious AlaskaChuck, chairman of the Anchorage FA Chapter was going to have his group meet about this same time, he has postponed his meeting in favor of being able to attend this one, since many other chapters are coming from far across the cold dark tundra for this Valley Chapter FA
    The infamous Kingfisherktn, chairman of the Southern Alaska FA Chapter and well know for his hunting prowess, elderly nature yet boyish attitude, and good humor, will travel well over 1,000 miles to attend this FA Valley chapter meeting.
    The less famous yet much nicer COtoAK, representing the North Pole FA Chapter, is rumored (though not to be condfirmed) to be traveling well over 300 miles to attend this FA chapter meeting as well. COtoAK has well established herself as a climber, hiker, hunter, outdoorswoman, trapper, and as a real Alaska outdoorswoman..
    I'd like everybody to encourage our Butte/Sutton chapter members that they are more than welcome, but due to forum charters and legal issues we're disappointed to announce tentatively our 1st F.A. meeting is Not 420 friendly. This is under scrutiny however and we're gonna leave the ultimate decision up to whomever at the FA meeting is the loudest.

There will be no soliciting at our meeting to join any side groups like the SCADA for instance (thewhop2000) unless said solicitation is consensual in nature. If you would like to purchase high Alaskan wild salmon do not look up fullbush after the meeting. ;-) ;-)
    If there are any questions, please direct them to “acting” Valley FA Chapter chairman FamilyMan. The “acting” is because in the only election held, only fullbush voted, so FamilyMan won, by a margin of one vote (see????, write in votes do matter!).

Two threads? Why were you stuttering?

Steve
    Make sure you get lots of pictures and have some of that crab and salmon dip for me will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    --- (see????, write in votes do matter!).
    Write in votes don't count if not spelled correctly F-A-M-I-L-Y-M-A-N
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Agenda?
    Black Tie or Camo Optional?
    Who is the Designated Driver?
    Is there ample parking for my RV?
    Door Prizes?
    Gonna be any cussin' or you gonna maintain AOD creedo's?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Gonna be any cussin?
    careful or lujon will give you an infraction!
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I guarantee there will be cussin' and politics... Wednesday..hmmm...that's when I make my Anchorage run. I might have to park the tractor trailer over by Chili's and come on over Ice tea for me it looks like.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Q & a

And I tried to be so very complete on the invite... guess not. OK, your answers are:

Agenda?
    Just the normal FA agenda: To help and support each other's forum addiction (along these lines, I'll be bringing my MTA bill for you to pay, for me). And the normal greeting, as you walk thru the door, everyone is to say "HI, AKRES!"
    Yes.
    Strictly BYODD
    Yes, right behind the car parking lot by the door (at the rear of the building; drive around) there is a very large empty lot that does not seem to be posted. Of course there's like 500 rooms at the hotel upstairs, so the lot is pretty substantial to begin with.
    Door Prizes?
    Good idea, bring some good ones. Best hunting story that contains no blatant lies wins.
    Yes to the former and no to the latter. Although, with prior permission, even moderators are welcome to attend.
    This meeting is rated R, so you'll have to leave your x-rated stuff at home.

I spoke with their mgmt last night, and just for us they will waive their normal group policy of requiring a common check and computed tip. Separate checks for us. I'd suggest arriving hungry; I've never had a bad dish there, and there isn't anything on the appetizer menu that I have not tried. Click on the menu link provided (and remember to figure appetizers at 1/2 the posted price until 6pm).

I took Drifter there awhile back and he's right about the smoked salmon&crab dip. Most times I go there I get one of those to go, and spread it on a half-baked salmon fillet, then finish baking it. It is superb.

And if you're going to get take out appetizers to share with a sig other later make sure to order it before the price goes back to normal at 6pm. I'm pretty sure the wing special and rib eye dinner special go all night though.

Might have to make the drive down south.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Mile 60 of the Parks Highway, Houston Alaska

Looking forward to it. Thank you for organizing this event.
    Gold Miners Lodge Mile 60 Parks Highway
    (907)892-7757

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Might have to make the drive down south.

Steve
    perry has stuff to haul if you do...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

WHY does it have to be on the 1st? Math finals

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post

Jon
    Get in gear AH3 and start taking care of business instead of cruising the net.

Jon
    Oh.... ya gotta eat.... Check out that menu link, appetizer section, and divide by two. You can't go to mickky d's for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Get in gear AH3 and start taking care of business instead of cruising the net.

How did you know I'm putting off some schoolwork by cruising aroudn on here?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Oh.... ya gotta eat.... Check out that menu link, appetizer section, and divide by two. You can't go to mickky d's for that.
    Steve your killin' me here man, killin' me! I wonder if they take rain checks on final exams?

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

your killin' me here man, killin' me! I wonder if they take rain checks on final exams?
    Jon
    Gimme the prof's name & # - I'll make it right for ya.

How did you know I'm putting off some schoolwork by cruising aroudn on here?

Jon

Because you're a student.

....Unfortunately I will be unable to attend, as I will actually be hunting instead of telling half true stories about hunting :-) But I will be sure to enjoy my time in the woods for everyone.... Crab dip sounds really good maybe I can get some to go!
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Quote Originally Posted by akfishfool View Post
    ....Unfortunately I will be unable to attend, as I will actually be hunting instead of telling half true stories about hunting :-) But I will be sure to enjoy my time in the woods for everyone.... Crab dip sounds really good maybe I can get some to go!
    Drop by there any day M-F, 4-6pm and get yourself some. They have some fine cold beverages for while you wait too. Tell Ruthie I sent you! (The guy with the 12/1 happy hour reservation)

Agenda?
    Door Prizes?
    OMG! WELL SAID. Checking me calender as we speak.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast