Thread: Fish BOG Meeting

Question Fish BOG Meeting

When is the next time the Fish BOG will meet in Anchorage, or SouthCentral Alaska?

Thanks, Dennis

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

pay attention Dennis... as soon as you get your letter written and request the joint boards meet and take Proposals since they have to meet anyway... lots of issues to be taken up... you will have BOTH boards in one spot... till then? prolly never as there are no fish in anchorage worth managing any longer
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    pay attention Dennis...
    Well, thats a nice answer.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Well, thats a nice answer.
    who said i was nice... sure as hell wasn't me.. and if it was you ... ya better knock it off.. .... er else
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    When is the next time the Fish BOG will meet in Anchorage, or SouthCentral Alaska?

Thanks, Dennis
    The Board of Fisheries will be meeting in Homer next week (Nov 15-18) on Lower Cook Inlet finfish issues, they'll go to Kodiak Jan 11-14, be in Anchorage (for Chignik finfish issues) on Jan 16-19...and then the big show Jan 20-March 5 for Upper Cook Inlet finfish (which will be in Anchorage). They also have a meeting on Statewide King and tanner crab in Anchorage March 22-26. Here's the schedule:
    http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/f...tinfo/fcal.php

If you're wondering about a joint meeting between the BOG and the BOF...which is what I think Vince was speaking to...they'll be meeting at some point in the near future (probably late December or early January) to nominate Commissioner candidates to the Governor, but I don't believe there will be any regulatory proposals heard at that meeting (but there's no meeting notice yet)

MrFish,

Thanks for your responce and the information concerning the next Board Of Fisheries (BOF) meetings in Homer, Kodiak, and Anchorage.

dennis

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    The Board of Fisheries will be meeting in Homer next week (Nov 15-18) on Lower Cook Inlet finfish issues, they'll go to Kodiak Jan 11-14, be in Anchorage (for Chignik finfish issues) on Jan 16-19...and then the big show Jan 20-March 5 for Upper Cook Inlet finfish (which will be in Anchorage). They also have a meeting on Statewide King and tanner crab in Anchorage March 22-26. Here's the schedule:
    http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/f...tinfo/fcal.php

If you're wondering about a joint meeting between the BOG and the BOF...which is what I think Vince was speaking to...they'll be meeting at some point in the near future (probably late December or early January) to nominate Commissioner candidates to the Governor, but I don't believe there will be any regulatory proposals heard at that meeting (but there's no meeting notice yet)
    there are about 10 Ac's so far writing the JB to request that they do take proposals.. the Joint Boards have neglected many of the issues by having such infrequent meetings, they have also neglected the AC's. many of the subsistence, issues, boundary issues, and AC member issues can only be dwelt with a JB meeting.

I am also drafting a letter of my own to bring up the non subsistence issue again and will be hoping that many members of the public would be willing to pick up a copy of that draft and submit it with a signature on it as well.. or write one similar to it. each letter is submitted to the Joint baord and C/C'd to the Governors office for review and input into all fo this as well...

it only takes two members from each board to call a meeting. I have three in support from the Bog already.

meet on face book here