Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Feds gone too far?

  1. #1
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Question Feds gone too far?

    Funny, this was on KTUU website, but not ADN......mmmmm

    http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-feds-c...,6032956.story

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Where is the ACLU when you really need them. I can't believe the feds offered to buy the salmon strips. Of course they're gonna sell them who wouldn't in that circumstance. I guess old Ken Salazar is just a plain a-hole to everybody, not just white guys that drill for oil

  3. #3

    Default

    Perhaps the Feds intended to pay for them with your money and Re-Distribute them upriver. I expect those upriver would accept them without hesitation.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    More junk from the gallery. Undercover sting operations pay for things all the time. Illegal hunting from the air, buying commercial caught fish to see if they end up on a fish ticket, buying fish sold commercially but taken in other fisheries, and the list goes on. There is nothing new here and fisherman who subsistence fish and sell their catch outside the regulations are breaking the law - pretty simple concept.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    607

    Default

    So if I sell some sport caught Halibut to an undercover agent and get busted, are all you bleeding hearts going to be pulling for me ???????

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    . Of course they're gonna sell them who wouldn't in that circumstance.

    An honest person.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    An honest person.
    Captain T and Rutting Moose - right on. I can understand the frustration of some of these users but that does not justify the actions. It only comes into play at the sentence time.

  8. #8
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    It is hard for me to understand why if you are an Alaskan native living in the bush why the rule of law does not apply to you. The "I have been here the longest and you white folks took our country from us" is BS!

    We are all USA citizens and Alaska residents! It is time for the AFN and native corperations to understand this......

    Just my $0.02 worth.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKBassking View Post


    We are all USA citizens and Alaska residents! It is time for the AFN and native corperations to understand this......

    Just my $0.02 worth.
    The AFN is no different than the KKK or the IRA or the NAACP. All racist minded clubs

  10. #10

    Default

    I note Georgiana Lincoln claims that the feds were on her property. I also note Kookesh's lips are moving, too. Those are just the pair that we could expect would be crying wolf over this simple law enforcement action.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •