Thread: Need Guidance on Arctic Cat sno pro sale???

Default Need Guidance on Arctic Cat sno pro sale???

Was approached by someone that is selling an 2008 arctic cat sno pro 800. He initially stated $5000 for it but realized he owes $6000 so will sell it for that.

I have NO snow machine experience so need input from you all on the deal?

I would be using it to have fun and maybe ice fishing this winter.

He bought the machine NEW and road it from the trailer into storage where it has sat ever since. It has ONE mile on it.

As far as I know it is a stock machine with no add ons.

Is 6000 a good deal for this machine in your opinion??

Thanks all
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    Was approached by someone that is selling an 2008 arctic cat sno pro 800. He initially stated $5000 for it but realized he owes $6000 so will sell it for that.

I have NO snow machine experience so need input from you all on the deal?

I would be using it to have fun and maybe ice fishing this winter.

He bought the machine NEW and road it from the trailer into storage where it has sat ever since. It has ONE mile on it.

As far as I know it is a stock machine with no add ons.

Is 6000 a good deal for this machine in your opinion??

Thanks all
    Jason

For a no miles machine that would be an ok deal......the "RETAIL" value is about $6300. Now the real bad news. This sled is a "TRAIL PERFORMANCE SLED". The rear bar design on this particular sled will not accomadate a standard trailer hitch attachment. The hitch assembly would have to be a fully custom setup as Arctic Cats of those years/type used the cooling system as part of the chassis and the only thing back there is the cooler and that bar and please note those cooler tubes bend easily. You can lift it by that bar but any impact will easily bend the cooler and bar assembly, almost always totalling the machine.

If we were closer I would let you take mine for a ride. I have an '07 800 and '08 1000 and they flat out fly.

Thanks brother.