Thread: 35 Whelen Reloading Supplies Wanted

Default 35 Whelen Reloading Supplies Wanted

I am looking for Brass and Bullets for 35 Whelen.
    Preferably 250 gr and higher.

Let me know what you've got.

Hawk Bullets has .358's in 250, 265, 275 and 300 grain, depending on nose shape. They also have them in with .025, .035 and .050 jackets so you can adjust expansion. These are essentially the original Barnes bullet, which is a very good thing at Whelen velocities. I use them in several calibers in that velocity range, and results on game are phenomenal.

As for brass, it's really straight forward to form your own from 06 if you can't find ready-made.

Quote Originally Posted by l@@kin_4_holes View Post
    I am looking for Brass and Bullets for 35 Whelen.
    Preferably 250 gr and higher.

Let me know what you've got.
    Oh boy hey this time look up load data for it don't become your own lab and try to develop a load for a 275-280gr bullets. One last note if you wanted to shoot 275-280-300 you should of had a 358 Norma mag made! 250 are max for me in a whelen. The case capacity of the 350 remingotn mag and 35 Whelen are very similar something to think about when the light bulb comes on then you will be a little wiser. Don't try to make 35 Whelen somethign it isn't!
    :

I would also look at getting 250gr nosler part. Also get some IMR 4064 maybe RL 15 as well. Back to bullets I would also look at the barnes 225gr bullets. But the whelen and the velocities it produces cup and core bullets will perform just fine. A good one is the 250gr hornady spire point. But if you are worried about bullet failure the go with the nosler or barnes bullet. I have truck load of r-p 06 brass you are more than welcomed to it. I think with the 250 partition you have **** fine moose and brown bear gun.

If you are looking for one time used brass, I don't reload but save them in the store bought boxes. PM me if you want what I will have at the end of the season.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?