Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Larson lake in the Vally

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    215

    Default Larson lake in the Vally

    Is there a way to access Larson Lake with a ATV or snow machine. Looking at Google earth it looks like it could be done by going up the power line just wondering if this is something that people do and where you park to do it

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Can been done by 4-wheeler or snowmachine from the end of comsat rd of of the talkeetna spur. I here the pwr line trail is not that easy.. I would go just past larson creek and hang a right follow that trail to the lake... been there on 4-wheeler in the past.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    215

    Default

    thanks I will give it a try when there is more snow

  4. #4
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Don't go the powerline trail, it is a real pain. Take a GPS with you, it can be a real pain getting in there. I fished it once two years ago and caught nothing.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  5. #5

    Default

    Go to the west end of the lake, opposite end of where the trail goes up by Larson Creek. Some Dandy Burbot can be had.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Go to the west end of the lake, opposite end of where the trail goes up by Larson Creek. Some Dandy Burbot can be had.
    How big is "Dandy"? At least 2# or bigger?

    Brian

  7. #7

    Default

    Yes. Some Dandy's .
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    that place is fished out by the russians already soon as it froze enough to walk on, not worth going to.
    Semper Fi!

  9. #9
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Yes. Some Dandy's .
    Sorry but LMAO!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Sorry but LMAO!
    What is the largest Burbot you have ever caught? Was it a Dandy? or not?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  11. #11
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    What is the largest Burbot you have ever caught? Was it a Dandy? or not?

    They were dandys for sure

  12. #12

    Default

    I would say a dandy is anything over 5 pounds. Anything over 30" I would think could be a dandy, maybe 34". Biggest I have caught was 12-14 pounds and maybe 36-40 inches.

  13. #13

    Default

    Your right in my area Salmonman. Lake Susitna several years ago pulled in a 13 pounder. Great eating. Wife keeps bugging me to get more but the guy I stayed with sold his cabin so I don't get back there very much anymore. How has Burbot been latley anyway?
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

  14. #14
    Member shphtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    I am aware that the Larson Lake trail goes from the end of comsat road down to I guess it is the west end of Lake Larson. It appears that the trail may continue past Lake Larson on Google Earth then turn and to go up to wards Baldy. Is this indeed a trail? If it is, is it passable on a 4-Wheeler? and if so, how far up does it go? Google Earth is useful but it has it's limitations, as do maps, and there is no complete substitute for boots (or wheels) on the ground. I would greatly appreciate any input from anyone with actual experience. Thanx in advance.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •