Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Crosswinds Info

  1. #1

    Default Crosswinds Info

    I was wondering if anyone had any ice fishing information about crosswinds lake? I would like to make a trip up there when the ice gets thick enough for a little burbot and laker fishing. I'm just not sure if it is a trip worth taking.

  2. #2
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    If you scroll down about 4 or 5 threads theres some info

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    post a report when you get back... the only way for sure to find out is GO!... other then that ... if it is like any other of the winter recomendations... fishings great catching sucks..

    go have a good time... you'll have to get your own honest answer...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4
    Member ret25yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Unit 13
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    fishing is great up there... just bring the snogo and go. not alot of pressure so have at it..

    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Crosswinds & tolsona Lakes
    Posts
    54

    Default

    You need to give is another week or 2 the lake is not froze over yet.
    For more info call 320 1016

  6. #6

    Default

    Kirk Wilson,
    Which trail do you recommend going in from off the Glenn Hwy? Parking arrangements for an extended stay would also be appreciated. Thanks for your keeping us posted about your neck of the woods.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7

    Default

    What are you writing a book? Leave that chapter out! You started it.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pa18tony View Post
    What are you writing a book? Leave that chapter out! You started it.
    The trailheads have already been ID'd and tagged, but in this case it is for my personal edification as to which is the best.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9
    Member ret25yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Unit 13
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    The trailheads have already been ID'd and tagged, but in this case it is for my personal edification as to which is the best.
    The trailhead is marked, feel free to park.... uhh.... nvrmnd.

    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

  10. #10
    Member mainer_in_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Crosswind is a good trip, although the bag limits are a little anemic, I always enjoyed fishing it.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Crosswinds & tolsona Lakes
    Posts
    54

    Default

    There is a parking lot provide by the state at mile 170 just as you turn in & the trail to XW is well marked. If you need a place to plug in I would talk to lodge owner. Lake is still open just checked yesterday.

  12. #12

    Default

    Thanks Kirk. I plan on making a trip in there this winter, as soon as possible. Thanks for your updates on lake/fish conditions.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  13. #13

    Default

    Ditto, thanks Kirk!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •