Thread: how far is it

Default how far is it

How far is it from Fairbanks to Galena on the Yukon river.

Default It's Not

Sorry but the Yukon does not run through Fairbanks. You either have to take the Chena to the Tanana and down to the confluence of the two at Tanana and down from there. Or, drive up the haul road a ways to the Yukon and go down from there.

If you have never done it...........or been on a river of this magnitude, don't go down the Chena, Tanana and to the Yukon.

Never been from the haul road bridge down.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default i know

I know the Yukon is a ways away from Fairbanks, just useing Fairbanks as a reference point.
    Aslo I have quite abit of river experience growing up on the missouri river in North Dakota. I used to work for the Game and Fish there, and put in alot of time on the waters, from the missouri and all its sand bars to the yellowstone at high flood stage netting paddlefish for spawning purposes.
    I'm trying to find a way to use the tag I drew, so it is not a wasted tag, and trying to do it in the most economical way possible. I'm not whining about everything, i'm going to harvest a moose out there one way or the other.
    Just trying to get some ideas on how to do it.

Thanks for everyones time

Darren

Default galena

aprox 300 miles from the yukon bridge to galena

Default roughly

Manley Hot Springs to Tanana (village) = 70 mi. Tanana to Galena = 170 mi. OR, Yukon Bridge to Tanana = 120 mi. On your way to Galena, Ruby is 70 mi away. Good luck. j