Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Property value in Petersville area

  1. #1
    Member akrstabout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Property value in Petersville area

    I have tabs on 10 acres with road access, trail also into back of property from another road. Power is on the main road, not on property. Property is raw. Near Big Sue and appears to be river access, but not from property. Road is maintained, plowed atleast.

    I guess my question is, what would you be willing to pay for it? Oh it is dry and some contour, mostly flat though.

    Trying to decide if it would be a good thing to buy, use for a use years and sell. Maybe build a 2x4 cabin for fun.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    590

    Default

    I'd guess $20-30k. That's a small cabin. lol

  3. #3
    Member akrstabout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    I'd guess $20-30k. That's a small cabin. lol

    I meant 2x4 wall construction as opposed to building a log cabin! LOL, I am not that cheap!!

    Yeah they want right in the middle price wise. Was hoping it would be worth more, since road access. I don't want to pay more of course! But would be nice if it was worth a bit more than I might pay.

  4. #4

    Default

    There is a lot of property in that area for sale. Larger parcels are the norm. Honestly in my opinion, for investment purposes and desirability of ownership, I would rather have a smaller parcel with amenities. A friend of mine recently bought a lakefront lot, just over an acre, with road and power in, they paid 23,500. The seller wanted 30K but negotiated down considerably.

    And...go with 2X6's.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member akrstabout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    There is a lot of property in that area for sale. Larger parcels are the norm. Honestly in my opinion, for investment purposes and desirability of ownership, I would rather have a smaller parcel with amenities. A friend of mine recently bought a lakefront lot, just over an acre, with road and power in, they paid 23,500. The seller wanted 30K but negotiated down considerably.

    And...go with 2X6's.
    Power out along the main road, 100' from property. But nothing on the land. ROW onto the land from road, plus 4 wheeler trail also in from other road. I will try and get it cheaper if that is the case. I was also thinking 2x6, is it really that much better for a cabin, more insulation?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Power out along the main road, 100' from property. But nothing on the land. ROW onto the land from road, plus 4 wheeler trail also in from other road. I will try and get it cheaper if that is the case. I was also thinking 2x6, is it really that much better for a cabin, more insulation?
    A lot more questions would have to be asked by myself, before putting money down. Is the trail a pioneer trail? Even if it is not a designated/recognized by DNR Ryada Trail, it can still cause you a lot of grief if it is routinely used by the public. To the point that have personally seen a dozen trails have to be maintained by the property owner or vacated other property they own and re-route the trail, yet leave access intact. Sounds crazy but that is the way it has turned out.
    2x6's are stronger for snow loads, thicker for insulation and generally better suited for construction. Most 2x4's are snaky and twisted. I don't even like to use them for interior walls, though I have, with variable results.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member akrstabout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    A lot more questions would have to be asked by myself, before putting money down. Is the trail a pioneer trail? Even if it is not a designated/recognized by DNR Ryada Trail, it can still cause you a lot of grief if it is routinely used by the public. To the point that have personally seen a dozen trails have to be maintained by the property owner or vacated other property they own and re-route the trail, yet leave access intact. Sounds crazy but that is the way it has turned out.
    2x6's are stronger for snow loads, thicker for insulation and generally better suited for construction. Most 2x4's are snaky and twisted. I don't even like to use them for interior walls, though I have, with variable results.

    The trail doesn't go onto the property, turns right before the property line, but goes pretty much to the property. Only thing I don't know is the Right Of Way off the road. It does say if it is public, or utility, again it just over laps the side of the property far enough to have a drive way onto the property.

  8. #8
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Near Petersville AND the Big Su? East of Trapper Creek then? Send me a P.M. I have lots of inside info on the area. 10 acre parcels run anywhere from $20,000 to $60,000 depending on a lot of variables.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  9. #9
    Member akrstabout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Near Petersville AND the Big Su? East of Trapper Creek then? Send me a P.M. I have lots of inside info on the area. 10 acre parcels run anywhere from $20,000 to $60,000 depending on a lot of variables.
    Will do, thanks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •