Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Whoever Got My Polish (Caribou) Dogs, I hope you enjoy.

  1. #1
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default Whoever Got My Polish (Caribou) Dogs, I hope you enjoy.

    Alright, here is my rant. I am not going to name any names but what would you do?

    Back in Sept, I took in some caribou meat in for sausages and hot dogs. Most of my order came back after 2-3 weeks and I only found out because I called to check. "Oh yeah, your stuff has been here for a week" they tell me "come and get it". WTH I thought, but I went in and picked it up all seemed fine so no real problem there, although it did irritate me a little that they did not call.

    One of the items I ordered was Polish Caribou Dogs, These are only made in Nov so they went on back order and I was told to call the place where I dropped the meat off around the 5th and they would tell me when they would be ready.

    So I call yesterday and explain that I'm just checking like they told me to. The guy answers "We already got all of the Polish back from the processor and it is all gone". "Well where is my stuff"? I ask.

    "let me get back to you he says". Later that night I get a call saying he gave my whole order to another guy and he was sorry. He offered to send in some moose out of his freezer to make up for my order being given away. That just didn't sound good to me. I already have a hard time with not getting my own meat back so this just took that fear one step further. I declined and said I don't want your meat, I want a refund. He agreed and that is where it stands now.

    I have been doing business with this processor for as long as I can remember. They make a good product and I know they are very picky about any incoming meat. I take such good care of my stuff that this is the only place I trust for that reason. Now they have a new drop off location in the valley and this is not a good start.

    Anyway it just peeves me to lose the meat that I worked so hard for to someone else. I have plenty, so don't cry for me. If your the one who got a bunch of extra Polish Dogs in your order this season, I hope you enjoy, cause I sure worked hard for them.

  2. #2

    Default

    That's Terrible. PM sent your way.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Burrrrrrrrp!

  4. #4
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Burrrrrrrrp!
    I knew someone would try that, and I shoulda known it would be you.

    I hope that wasn't the gut shot one, and I hope you get diarrhea!

  5. #5
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    I knew someone would try that, and I shoulda known it would be you.

    I hope that wasn't the gut shot one, and I hope you get diarrhea!
    Sorry, I'm immune.

  6. #6
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    That'll teach you! Lisa is the only way to go
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

  7. #7
    Member JOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Soldotna, ALASKA since '78
    Posts
    3,720

    Default

    This is very troubling. Not to mention the idea that taking someone's game meat and selling it to another is a pretty blatant violation of some game laws...

    I've never had much trust in the big commercial game processors simply due to the possibility that you're not getting your own harvest back.
    Winter is Coming...

    Go GeocacheAlaska!

  8. #8
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    so you got your money back? what about the reimbursement for the meat? i can understand you not wanting another's meat(i can also understand the other not wanting you to have their meat) but they should give you something for there screw up...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  9. #9
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Can you say what community the processor is in? Anchorage, Valley, Eagle River, or Turnagain? Just wondering.

    JOAT, I've always believed you got your own steak and burger back, and some sausages, back but not all. I know when I had moose bacon made the processor said that it all goes in the pot and you get your share when its done, unless you order 100 pounds by yourself. So, what was stated in the original post about the polish dogs makes sense to me.

    Tim

  10. #10
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    That'll teach you! Lisa is the only way to go
    I tried that about 15 years ago...Never been back, maybe things have changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    so you got your money back? what about the reimbursement for the meat? but they should give you something for there screw up...
    Not yet, I have to go in and get the money. What do you do? Short of what was offered, can you really reimburse for lost game meat?

    Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    This is very troubling. Not to mention the idea that taking someone's game meat and selling it to another is a pretty blatant violation of some game laws...
    Joat, I don't think any game laws were broken. No one sold my game meat, (I have to phrase it that way or some childish poster might make a stupid joke) anyway they gave it to someone else with a order for polish dogs...Basically, he got extra and I got none.

    Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Can you say what community the processor is in? Anchorage, Valley, Eagle River, or Turnagain? Just wondering. Tim
    Tim, the processor is a very well known one in anchorage. They had no fault in this. The issue was with their drop of/pick up location in the valley.

  11. #11
    Member dkwarthog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mat-Su
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    In lieu of reimbursement for your caribou meat, ask them for the recipe for the polish dogs then post it here so we can all make it ourselves...LOL

  12. #12
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Thanks for the clarification NR21. I guess I missed that in the original post.

    Tim

  13. #13

    Default

    Wow, that sucks, however, I think you have a responsibility to post the name of the business. You are not bad-mouthing the business or anything, you are just participating in consumer awareness. I doubt a post on a forum will hurt his business to much, but your fellow hunters deserve to know. At the very least in a PM. That is terrible.

  14. #14
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fabricfan View Post
    I think you have a responsibility to post the name of the business. You are not bad-mouthing the business or anything, you are just participating in consumer awareness. I doubt a post on a forum will hurt his business to much, but your fellow hunters deserve to know. At the very least in a PM. That is terrible.
    Against forum rules to name names , I've seen too many cyber spankings for doing so. I can tell you in a PM if you like.

  15. #15
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    That'll teach you! Lisa is the only way to go
    Queen of pork promises?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    Against forum rules to name names , I've seen too many cyber spankings for doing so.

    I can tell you in a PM if you like.
    Yup,
    And....No you can't do that either.....fabricfan is a newbie. Hasn't been given the Secret Handshake yet.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  17. #17
    Member tboehm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soldotna AK
    Posts
    2,407

    Default

    Sound like you are still backing the processor. If that is the case and you will continue to use them I would demand a BIG discount on your next round of processing to make up for the lost game.

  18. #18
    Member Huntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there.....
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Sayak...nooo not quite.. Lisa is the owner of Pioneer Meats at Pittman Road.

    I'm not sure what kind of experience you had Keith
    but we have had nothing but great product from her for the last 12-15 years (my self only the last 8 or so).....


    You're welcome to come by...we'll make dinner!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    Sayak...nooo not quite.. Lisa is the owner of Pioneer Meats at Pittman Road.

    I'm not sure what kind of experience you had Keith
    but we have had nothing but great product from her for the last 12-15 years (my self only the last 8 or so).....
    X2 But I only have sausages and grinding done there.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  20. #20
    Member willphish4food's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Willow, AK
    Posts
    3,368

    Default

    Sounds like the outfit tried their best to satisfy you. The offer of personally taken moose would satisfy your loss of caribou, even though its a substitution. Being that it came from the processor's own stash, there should be little question to its quality. Problem we have dealing with ANYONE, in ANY business, is that we're dealing with humans. And humans err. Its what they do about the error that matters. Sounds like he dealt very fairly with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •