Thread: Fishing Little Willow creek

Default Fishing Little Willow creek

Is there a way to hike downstream to the mouth of Little Willow? Any trails? Looking for new waters to fish. Anyone ever float this stream?

I've never fished it but every time I drive past it I wonder the same thing. It looks like it would be easy to hike the edges. I'm going to give it a try next year.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Actually its all private property thats mostly swampy and a nightmare to navigate on foot.

Watch out for the jet boats coming around the corner. They really can't come off step.

What a shame, all private property. Oh well. Seen plenty of people park by the bridge, are they all fishing around the bridge then? No public access at all??? Are the boats coming up from the main Su? How far is it to the mouth?

Public access IS at the bridge....and below the high water mark. It is a long way to the mouth, like 5 river miles. Nasty, wet, face scratching, river miles. Use a raft if you decide to fish it, IMO. and for gods sake, lets be sports, and keep the upper end of this creek free of the big river boats...Ive seen some incredibly foolish people think that creek is a good place to run WFO with a large jet...