Thread: HOPE, ALASKA LAND SALE by Kenai Borough......rare opportunity.

Default HOPE, ALASKA LAND SALE by Kenai Borough......rare opportunity.

There is almost never any property for sale in Hope, Alaska. The Kenai Borough is offering 22 tracks. Did I mention subsistence caribou, subsistence moose, subsistence fishing on the Russian River, dipping out reds at the falls. Stop complaining and grab the brass ring. http://www.borough.kenai.ak.us/LandManagement/Hope.htm

Any word on when the Arm Crossing is going in? Sorta looking for a short term investment.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Maybe a place to retire. They are being offered at about half the price of what we have been selling land for in Hope.

I'll check with our congressional delegation and get back at you RES. But then again... the last crossing didn't quite make it either.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Youch! $75,000 is the appraised value for some of the lots. I'm a cheap bugger and that seems a little steep to me.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

no tot mention you actually have to LIVE there not just have a cabin address to qualify for all of the subsidies
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Youch! $75,000 is the appraised value for some of the lots. I'm a cheap bugger and that seems a little steep to me.
    Well those are two acre lots. We just sold one acre for $70,000.00 cash. Also that is the offered price, BID must be 70% of the offered price. Comes out to about $25,000.00 per acre. Land in the area has sold for up to $240,000.00 per acre.

Does Hope see the sun again in February?
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Does Hope see the sun again in February?
    Hope sees the sun every day of the year. Even Sunrise, Ak. which is deep in a valley see the sun every day of the year.

yep, you can see it clearly shining on the mountains across the arm!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    yep, you can see it clearly shining on the mountains across the arm!

Want to BET $50,000.00 that the sun (If it is clear) deos not shine everyday in Hope, Alaska......?

Anyway I am going to try and buy one, I just thought it would be cool to have some of you guys as neighbors.

Cool thing of you to post! I will take a look. I bet it will bid up pretty high though. I have not looked yet, it is over the counter or actually sealed bid?

Sealed bid. The minimum bid is 70% of the offered price. So a two acre tract offered at $70,000.-- the minimum bid would be $49,000.-- for two acres. Low, Low, Low down pmt. and insanely low interest over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Sealed bid. The minimum bid is 70% of the offered price. So a two acre tract offered at $70,000.-- the minimum bid would be $49,000.-- for two acres. Low, Low, Low down pmt. and insanely low interest over 20 years.
    I thought these deals were always cash and walk? Are the lots good ones-send that aswere by PM and say the opposite here!!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I thought these deals were always cash and walk? Are the lots good ones-send that aswere by PM and say the opposite here!!
    They are mostly birch trees, all gravel, underground electric, underground phone, very wide streets. I am going to try to buy one. And build a small cabin on it and resell it. I figure to double my money in two years.