Thread: Cabin or house in Cantwell, Denali Park, Healy? Anyone have one for sale?

Default Cabin or house in Cantwell, Denali Park, Healy? Anyone have one for sale?

Anyone have a cabin or house for sale in Cantwell? Property might be okay too, but I'd rather find something with a structure on it. I need a place outside of the lodge to live, since I sold my house in civilization and only have the lodge now. A simple single room would be great, but if you have a larger house, I'll be looking at everything.

Looking foward to what you have!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Claude,

So you don't actually live in Cantwell right now then like your location implies . Just kidding. I know there is a nice place on Drashner Lake for sale, but likely MUCH more house and price than you are looking for.

Only lived in Alaska 2 years now, but everytime I drive by Cantwell I think.....dang it would be cool to have a cabin here. Just like that area for some reason.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Only lived in Alaska 2 years now, but everytime I drive by Cantwell I think.....dang it would be cool to have a cabin here. Just like that area for some reason.
    It is pretty cool to have a cabin there, not gonna lie. Was even cooler living there, but don't think I can convince my other half to move back

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    It is pretty cool to have a cabin there, not gonna lie. Was even cooler living there, but don't think I can convince my other half to move back
    Bummer isn't it...

Claude, the place on the lake would be perfect for ya! Lanche and I can even look after the place when you aren't there!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Ya, hear ya on that, unless your wifes a gooly for hunting and fishing...you lose on that. Great place for a weekend retreat tho or a couple weeks hunting etc.....now and then.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Default Do I live in Cantwell? Yes, kinda...

Well, Cantwell is the nearest town to me. I'm 67 miles to the East. It is our mailing address for the lodge. I'm just looking for staging area to be able to stay when we are going back and forth, since now we only have the lodge and no other property our house in Alaska. 67 miles via snow machine is tough when you don't have a staging area at one end for stuff.

I think I might grab one of the parcels on Drashner if I can't find a house. I heard there were covenants on it, so that wouldn't work, as I expect to use the property for folks to park thier vehicles on that are heading into the lodge.

Anyhow, hoping someone has a place for sale, or possibly even rent, or rent to own.

Claude

The next time you’re in Cantwell put up some fliers in the post office or grocery store/gas station and ask around.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Claude there were a couple places right of the highway for sale last time through... you need to come home and look. one even had a decent shop on it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Claude there were a couple places right of the highway for sale last time through... you need to come home and look. one even had a decent shop on it.
    Three that I saw, right on the road. In addition to that, if it were me, I would also pick up the Tangle Lakes and Gracious House Lodges. That way you could use them for Line Shacks, when the weather gets to be too much to push on.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Akres, I gurantee you that's the first things on my list as soon as I win the lottery!