Thread: Transporting Traps

Default Transporting Traps

How do most of you guys organize and transport your traps to the field and avoid scent contamination? I think I'm probably just over thinking things but maybe some of you guys can straighten my head out.

Also if anyone has any clothing brands (besides filson!) they can recomend that would be great. Carhartts are quiet but offer NO wind protection. Tech pants are warm as hell and keep out the wind but noisy as hell and I just don't feel right when the only thing I can hear is my legs rubbing together with every step! Most of my hunting clothes are great and what I have been using for now but I just kind of feel retarded hopping around in Camo when the world is ugh WHITE

Thanks guys!
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!

I transport my traps in action packers. I put all like traps together and in different action packers. Don't use the cheap rubber made one. I have had them break in cold weather and I lost a dozen or so traps. I really like carhartts. If you really needs them to be windproof you could get a shell for them. If you really want some great gear, but you will pay for it apocalypse design makes some great winter gear, but it will be expensive, but well worth it. If I where you I would wear out what you have and then worry about it.

I asked the same question recently and the response I got was put them in a plastic bag and throw em' in your pack.

I also use action packers in my sled one or two for all traps for all critters except wolves another for all my wolf gear and a third for bait. I am in camos all winter long it isn't about looking good its about staying warm. Though you will see some critters on the line I don't feel it warrants the purchase of a complete set of outdoor gear in white camo unless of course you are calling. I have a Cabela's goretex 4 in 1 waterfowl coat that does the job till -20 It is a bit noisy but I really don't care my snogo is loud. After -20 the big down parka comes out and it is forest green no camo at all. Beaver mitts on or in the saddel bags at all times and always a fur hat of one kind or another.
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Thanks guys, action packers were what I was thinking. Yeah Apocolypse design is pretty pricy, not ready to make that kind of investment yet lol. Maybe I'll just use some old Gen 2 gortex over my carhartts!
    If you live your whole life afraid to die... Then you can never truly live!